Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another of my forums there was a discussion on couples fighting over the remote control!
My simple reply to is a week or so ago was this, " I don't have this problem as I rarely watch TV and feel it a waist of brain cells!!"
So last night I got to laughing at myself, as I was waiting for my biscuits to be done for dinner, I went out, sat down and turned on the TV, thumbing through the guide to see, as usual, there was nothing Worth waisting my time on watching, I turned off the TV!!
Looked up and my entire family is standing there staring at me, hubby who was reading his paper staring at me from his chair!!
I said, "WHAT, ain't Y'all ever seen me watch some TV before?"
They said, " not really, and never seen you with the remote Ma"
Hubby never even said anything, he just kept staring, then they were all just lookin at me all night, like I'd done something alien, or illegal and they were all in shock!
ROFLMAO guess I really don't watch much TV!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
That's funny!!! The remote is pretty much an always "lost" thing. We lose it so much that when we do find it, it just sits on top of theTV, for fear of being lost again!!
Just to get them going, you should find some dumb show and leave the TV on for a few minutes and walk away, when some one tries changing the channel yell, I was watching that, and see what they do!!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
My son had a similar reaction when I picked up the Wiimote one day and played a "fight" against him. I think he though someone had stolen his mom.... Of course I was awful and probably wasted his time, but it eas just a weird whim on my part.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
It's funny...we were just talking with the kids at dinner the other day about how there were no remotes when we were kids and how we actually had to GET UP to change the channel. They started asking about other things that we didn't have and so we gave them a laundry list and then ds, who is 4, said, "Did you have chairs, Mom?" It was cute.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My son had a similar reaction when I picked up the Wiimote one day and played a "fight" against him. I think he though someone had stolen his mom.... Of course I was awful and probably wasted his time, but it eas just a weird whim on my part.
Wasted his time? Are you kidding me?! I bet he thinks you are the coolest mom ever! Kids love to have their parents play games with them, even if you didn't know what you were doing..lol!!...I bet this is one thing he will remember forever! Good for you!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Thanks, I kinda felt like he beat me while his eyes were rolled all the way in the back of his head, if you know what I mean!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts