Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid my rent this afternoon. Nothing abnormal there, my ll said he was going to come and replace my kitchen, So after the myriah thing i really didn't need his son coming, but he and his wife came because they had heard conflicting rumors. that i am or am not moving at the end of the school year, (Well i have discussed this in detail with my therapist, and until i decide exactly what i want to do with my life, we decided that for the price i pay here, i might as well stay. )
Well he said that they have to move out of where they are at the end of the school year and seeing this is "their" house if he can't find a new place he will be moving back here and i will have to find a new place to go. This really pi$$ed me off. I pay my rent on time every month! He did say that his aunts house, which is next door to his parents and SMALLER BY A WHOLE FLOOR, and LAUNDRY ROOM is empty. I don't know why he can't move there. I don't want to give up my house. :weeping::cry: it just isn't fair.

and by the way his parents are the ones that I pay rent to. OH and I can't fit into a smaller house, i have to much stuff AND and and there was another thought that I totally lost.
He also asked me HOW much I pay here, and I told him that he would have to ask his parents, because i personally don't believe that it is any of his business. I don't have a lease though just a rental contract that IDAH signed when he rented the house.
Sorry this is so long, I had to vent.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Heaven call them and ask whats up. It could be its their house and he just expects them to let him live there, so hes trying to make you feel like you HAVE to move.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I don't understand how they can be the ones to tell you to move when you pay your rent to the parents... and he doesn't even know how much you pay???
Sounds fishy to me. I'd call his parents and let them know he paid you a visit.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Heaven, my bet is you are paying his parent's more rent than he ever would and they would side with you!!

At least I hope that's how it goes.;)

·
27,948 Posts
Sorry for the hassles Heaven. Glad you didn't tell him how much your rent is, you're right it is none of his business. I'm with the rest of the gang on giving your landlord a call. Good luck!:hugz:

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I'm so sorry Heaven, you had enough to deal with yesterday!!! I would definitely talk to your LL about this because that is who you pay your rent to and they never asked you to leave! That was very rude of the son!! Hang in there and I hope you get it figured out real soon!!!:smball:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I would give them a call too ! I hope it isn't them wanting you to move so they can put their son there. Cal them !!
Let us know !!!!!!!!!XOXO

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I would call your landlord and see where things stand, maybe they will want you to stay or not but it would be best to find out now so you can plan...
That would really stink! But with a month to month rental and no lease they can ask you to leave whenever..
Long ago my husband and I rented an apartment and the landlord had a new boyfriend who she thought would be good if he lived close to her so we were asked to leave so he could move into our place, stinks but that is the way it is....
I believe they do have to give you written notice but I would call them and see where things stand before you get all upset...

Eileen

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
It sounds like they think it is "their" house but that it really belongs to the parents. I agree with everyone and think you should call the parents and just ask them what the scoop is. It may turn out that they had no idea that their son had said anything and they may just want "him" to move into the smaller house. I am sure that they appreciate the prompt rental payment and sometimes with family it is hard to get that. It is much easier to put Mom and Dad at the back of the creditor list instead of the bank or the utitility company so maybe the real LL will realize that.

Hang in there and I will keep you and the kiddos in my prayers.

·
Registered
601 Posts
how rude -----to just up and say at the end of the month you have to move----------WELL I NEVER!!!!!!
i would definately talk and speak to the parents...

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay here is the update, His father has no idea that he was here. The son is hoping that he can convince me to move out and let them have the house. *The parents DO own the house.* So my ass is going to be right here as long as i decide to stay. thanks everyone.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Thank goodness Heaven....wow that was tense for awhile wasn't it??? What a guy to just assume that you would leave and not say anything!!!!! Happy that things got worked out!!!!!!:smball:

·
Registered
601 Posts
thank goodness you checked -------figured he was up to no good..

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well when he kept saying we don't want to kick you out BUT it is OUR house. I knew something was up too. glad i have it straight.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am glad you got that straight Heaven.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts