Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I go. It has begun. I have a phone interview with SSI on June 20th. They are sending me forms to fill out this week. I am filing disability for Bipolar, Anxiety/Panic Disorder, Chronic Depression and Fibromyalgia. I have been treated for most of these since 1996 and I'm worse. I have lots of other stuff but I think they are more like symtoms of the above.....

I went to Welfare office today and handed in my form to apply for Medicaid due to disability. The lady felt so sorry for me that she filled out the pending form to last till July 31st. and gave me instructions of which hospital to go to and pharmacy if I get in an emergency mental situation. She also advised that I call a local doctor and see if they will accept the pending medicaid form. It will take a lot for me to start calling around but I have to make myself do it.

Monday I go for my initial screening at the Mental Health Clinic. They will take my pending form in lieu of payment. It sucks being ill and having no insurance or money. Maybe they can set me up with the psychiatrist to start on some meds again.......

I haven't given up hope on finding a job, I have just given up hope that I will be able to do the job......

I'm trying each day to stay positive and overlook the down times and that is helping.

Does anyone have any advice for me and if you have filed for disability can you tell me what to expect?

This is all so new to me. Please pray for me.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Dolphin...:hugz: I have no advice real advice for you, but be sure to know, that I will be keeping you in my prayers.:heartsm:
I hope monday goes well for you and that you can get all the help and support you will need. You can always count on our support, here.:)

(((Hugs))) to you

Lucie:heartsm:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I don't have any advice, but have heard that almost all cases are initially denied and not to give up if that happens.

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
Don't give up!!...I have no real advice but to agree with Sara and to take care of yourself....

·
27,948 Posts
smnoel said:
I don't have any advice, but have heard that almost all cases are initially denied and not to give up if that happens.
My sister went through the fine act of getting disability and maybe it depends on where you live but they wouldn't give it to her so she had to fight for it. She eventually did get it & it was retroactive to a certain time. It sure does stink that people who need help have to struggle so to get it just because a few abuse the system. :(
Only advice I have is~
Document everything, who you talked to etc.

Get a lawyer. There are lawyers out there who will help & not charge you. You need someone fighting with & for you.

Vent your frustration~ don't hold it inside.

Don't give up!

I'll be spending the night at my sisters so I'll pick her brain for more hints/advise.

Do take care Dolphin and know you are not alone in this journey.:heartsm:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
Dolphin, I'm praying for you and sending big hugs. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone! It's so good to know you are all here to listen to me when I need to vent or just talk.

It's hard to talk to others about this. Dh says go for it but doesn't really want to listen to what I'm going through as he has his own problems.

My sweet friend Suezy2 has born the brunt of my trials and tribulations untill now. She is go good to listen to me. She is a wonderfull "real life" friend.

I truely feel led by God to do this but only he knows the outcome. I just need to listen and act when he speaks.

I've been warned that I will more than likely be turned down by SSI and will have to apeal but in my heart I know it will be a big disappointment. But I'm trying not to go there now and just focusing on doing like you are saying. I will document everything and gather all the information I can so I can have all the evidence I need the first try and if that fails, I will contact a lawyer.

Heaven gave me some really good information a few months ago and others here have been helping me to realize I am not alone in this and it can be done.

Thanks so much and hope you all don't mind if I lean on you a little.
;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts