Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those were the headlines in the Brandon Sun yesterday. Its the city closest to us.

Car hit by frozen debris from above.

It sounded like there was a big car accident outside, Chris Hastings said.

When he walked out the front door, he was shocked to find a basketball sized piece of ice on the roof of his blue station wagon.

His neighbour was working outside when the hunk of ice hit the car. "I could see this thing coming and heard the whistling sound over the house. Then all of a sudden, Bang," he recalls.
"I thought it was like a brick or something"

"It sounded like fireworks going off" said the next door neighbour.
It further goes on to say that they bagged the biggest piece of ice, along with several other snowballs and were planning on taking it to Brandon University to find out what the substance was.

One of the neighbours said it looked like "frozen ice tea" but suspected it was something else from a plane.

Now how would you like that falling from the sky onto your car???? :eek:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
OMG! I wouldn't touch it. What if it is the "something else" from a plane. EWWW! Glad it didn't hit anyone. Let us know if they ever tell what it is.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
:yikes: try to explain that to the insurance agent, LOL.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Katybird said:
:yikes: try to explain that to the insurance agent, LOL.
OMGoodness! I can just see our insurance agent trying to argue this one with the home office!:toothy:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Something tells me it "ain't" lemon ice. :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was the "something else" from a plane. I've heard stories like the before. I think that it is usually supposed disapate or fall over uninhabited areas or something but I've heard of it before. Pretty yucky! :yucky:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Yuck !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Gross...

Gross...

·
Founder
19,054 Posts