Frugal Village Forums banner

241 - 243 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Got some more worldbuilding questions printed out for future reference. I like hard copies, especially if I decide to go to the coffee shop (once indoor seating is permitted) to work on my writing but forget/don't want to bring my laptop. This will be a lot easier to get up and go if the coffee shop gets too crowded or I can't access a plug for my laptop. And I can work on them if the power goes out at some point (at least during the day). Having something to work on without the glare of a computer screen is nice too.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Got some writing done today with a little bit of forward motion. Haven't been doing as well on the worldbuilding. Worldbuilding is definitely addicting, although I do make sure I keep Sundays for actual writing.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Got some writing done on Sunday but right now I'm a bit stuck. I'm hoping the writing class that will start in a couple of weeks will help kick start things again. I made sure I at least opened up the story and spent a little time on it. I don't want to just let that slide, even if I just spent 30 minutes on it.

But I did get some worldbuilding done over the weekend. That's been fun, although there are a couple of things that I'm not sure of (at least not yet). I also have a couple of writing lectures from the Great Courses series. One is on the science of science fiction (How Science Shapes Science Fiction). That is interesting but a lot more technical than I expected. It also doesn't really apply that much to the stories I'm writing but is good to know in general. I also got another one on Science Fiction (How Great Science Fiction Works) and one on writing fiction in general (Writing Great Fiction) that should be better suited to what I'm doing. Just ordered another lecture series on detective/mysteries and I'm waiting for it to ship. I may be writing fantasy but I'm sure mystery/detective stories bleed over a bit. Especially the one I'm working on now since it's a bit of a quest for information.

241 - 243 of 243 Posts