Frugal Village Forums banner
321 - 330 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
That is good news! you know my old coworker/friend was writing off and on for years blogs, short stories etc then kids and got back into it .got some short stories in a couple of collections and now published his first book.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
Got a little bit of writing done this past Sunday. Only a couple of paragraphs but it felt like I was finally getting some place. Less passive.

Did miss going to the tea shop (and the farm) this past weekend. I'm finding the time spent at the tea shop, working on the world building, has helped a lot. I'm focusing on the story with limited distractions (by not bringing my computer with me) so I've come up with more ideas than I had in the past few years.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Haven't been in the writing mood recently, due to the apartment purge. I have the feeling I probably won't get much done this weekend, either. I've missed going to the tea shop to do some worldbuilding (and to get out of the house in general) but the decluttering needs to get done first.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
Got a little bit of worldbuilding done yesterday. While I was uncomfortable about the leaks where I was, it did feel good to get out of the house and get some work done.

Spent a little bit of time writing today. Didn't get much actual writing done but I did end up creating a new character that seems to have cropped up in this draft. I'm not sure if he'll actually make into the story but it's good to have one in the wings, so to speak. Especially since the characters are going to be in a different area than I originally planned when I started this story. And the new character would be an interesting secondary character. It should be interesting having two characters with more.... 'questionable' backgrounds in the same group. I just hope the one character who originally wanted more attention (my scavenger) doesn't get upstaged by the new guy. :lol:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
Went to the tea shop yesterday to do some world building on my WIP, since it was raining again. Spent about 4 hours there. There was another person writing when I arrived, which was nice to see.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
Went to the tea shop again today. Spent about 5 hours there. I'm enjoying being able to go some place and lose track of time for a bit. I think I got quite a bit done on the world building today. Since tomorrow's supposed to be hotter than it was today, I may stay home and write some.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
I've been doing better with the worldbuilding than I have with the actual writing of my story these past few weeks. I did go to the coffee shop closer to home to check them out again. (I do like them, especially since they're a small local business.) But their hours are very limited these days. Plus they no longer have the seating available indoors they had pre-pandemic. They do have some outdoor tables/seating but that's very much weather dependent. Still, I did get some worldbuilding done there over the long weekend.

However, I had another plot idea today. I know... yet another plot hook but this might help me with something the characters can chase. The real villain I plan(ned) on using is more of a 'behind-the-scenes' sort of villain who expects others to do the dirty work for him. (Doesn't help that he might be recognized if he's too much in the forefront, especially since he hasn't appeared to have aged in the ensuing years since the apocalypse... :LOL: )

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
Got some actual writing done yesterday. Not much, only a few paragraphs. But it's new stuff and more 'realistic'. AKA, the one MC who had been held hostage by the villain isn't just sharing everything he knows right off the bat. And the MCs have a reason to meet, rather than simply because they have a mutual acquaintance.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Got a little worldbuilding done on Saturday at the local coffee shop and actual writing done at home yesterday. Didn't get as much as I would've liked done yesterday, more tweaking than new material. But at least I'm at a jumping off point to more the story along more than I've done in the past. One of the original MCs is now more of a minor plot hook character, rather than the major main character I expected him to be. He could make a resurgence later in the story, depending on where the plot goes. That seems to be the case with this story - a couple of characters who were supposed to be integral to the plot are now more plot hooks than active participants in the story. One seems to have nearly disappeared altogether. But I'll see how it goes....

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·
Found a Discord server for writers. It was actually suggested by a Kickstarter campaign I supported. I've only been on it for a couple of days but it's been helpful, even in that short period of time. I missed chatting with other writers.

Of course, the brainstorming/worldbuilding is for the WIP I'm not working on at the moment. :LOL:

321 - 330 of 330 Posts