Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in such a great little town and have such great neighbours. One of the elderly gentleman does volunteer work at the recycling depot and yesterday when I was mowing the lawn, I seen his wife outside.

I went over and asked her if her dh had gone down to the recycling depot and explained to her about the "lost teeth". Well her dh decided to go down there and look for them but there was so much recycled items, he couldn't get through all the bags. (I suspected that he had lost the teeth in the bag that had our recyclables in, that he had dropped them in there without reealizing it.)

He again went this morning and there was just a knock on the door. He had found them. YAHOO!!!!!!

I'm thinking I just might not tell dh for a couple of days and let him stew about it. What do you all think? :toothy:

·
27,948 Posts
:clap: Great neighbors indeed! What luck!
So you going to make him gum his food for a few more days?:toothy:

Edited to ask: How did they get into the recyclables????

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darlene, he had taken his bottom teeth out and put them away and I guess he had his top teeth still to put away (I'm guessing they were still in his hand) and decided to take the recyclables to the bin. When he picked the bag up the teeth must have fell in.

When he asked me if I had seen his teeth I made him think about what he had been doing and he mentioned taking out the recyclables to the bin. He did go there early Sun. morning, but it was too busy to check.

So when I seen the neighbour, I asked him when he was there if he would check and also if he would make a note and put it up so that others would check as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I couldn't help but laugh when I read your post about the "missing teeth". What nice neighbors you have to help you out like he did. But, how did they get in the recyclables? LOL...so funny CJ.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Wow! CJ, that is one very nice neighbour! I'm glad for your dh. Have you told him yet? ;)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
This is GREAT news! If I were you, I might put them where they belong and just let him find them. LOL
That's what I do with Gabe with the car keys sometimes. He asks where they were and I say...where they belong. You must be getting old buddy because they've been there all along. ;)
Although letting him sweat it out awhile seems fun in a twisted way too. LOL
Maybe wait 'til dinner. Set those teeth in the middle of the table. LOL

·
Registered
47 Posts
ROFL CJ you are soooooooo bad.

:toothy: <------- that smiley jus cracks me up

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am glad you were able to find them CJ...or the neighbor was able to find them for you. I hope DH keeps up with them from now on.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm so glad they were found ! You might want to try one of those little tethers that keep babies from losing their pacifiers..... LOL

·
Registered
325 Posts
LOL! Out with the trash is what I predicted! I would serve them to him in the middle of his dinner plate - maybe under mashed potatoes? That would be quite a find! Just make sure you look more shocked than he does, scowl and give a "very funny". Then he'll really be confused.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts