Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure where else I could post this... it is about a family member and her education :lol:

Some of you may remember that the last school year was horrid for both of us... she was going to repeat first grade, and I hated the school.

DD did repeat first grade, but we had transferred her to a private school... they started first grade with lessons they were ending with at the pubic school... I knew it would be a rough year... but I had higher expectations from this school than I did the last one.

She had some transitional problems, which occasionally resulted in verbal outbursts, but her teacher was wise and loving and helped her through her rough spots.

The work was hard, the lessons were many and even though I knew DD -could- get better grades, she was lingering in C's.

I don't believe in punishing for better grades, so instead, I made a wager with her... I told her I had so much confidence in her I was willing to bet my hair on it...

Yup.

I bet my hair that she CAN get better marks. (I had already spoken to her teacher to make sure it was herself holding herself back and not her inability to understand...) If her grades went up, I would dye my hair -- until school started again..

:cheer4: DD made the first-grade equivalence of 'honor roll'! :cheer4:

... and my hair is now purple :lol:

·
27,948 Posts
I love it! What an incentive! Pics Pics Pics please! :clap:
Congratulations to your little sweetie! :yippee:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
How awesome is that!!! Congratulations to her!!! I bet your purple hair is beautiful!!:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts