Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we have had many landscapers out here to give us estimates on "fixing" our yard. It's a mess and we are well prepared for the cost it will entail. Well, we found someone who is willing to do it for $60/hr...I know it's a lot but you haven't seen our yard....it's a very good price compared to the $2500-3000 we have been quoted. Anyway, yesterday morning Malcom wakes up and the first thing he says is....I'm going to rent a bobcat today (a tractor). I tried in a simple kind of way to hint around....THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A GOOD IDEA!!! :D Well, he gets one and of course has to hop right on and start tearing up the back yard. He was doing a great job once he got the hang of it. Well, I'm watching him work and I still have this feeling....something about this just isn't right. Well guess what!!! :D The back right tire came off the rim and the left back tire popped. Yes....both at the same time!!!! Ok...it's not funny but inside I was laughing!! I just was thinking....Men never listen!!! So now we have to get both tires fixed today....who knows what that will cost!! And we have to return the machine tomorrow morning so that is not leaving him much time to do this. So basically the way I feel right now is that we just had $300 or more flushed down the drain!!!

the moral of this story....When your loved one wakes up and wants to rent huge lawn tractors that should only be used by a professional - lock him in his room, turn off all phones, hide the credit cards....do whatever you can to prevent it from happening and let the professionals do it!!!!!!!!!!

·
27,948 Posts
Lol, Daphne. Men and their big toys, sort of like playing in the sandbox only on a bigger scale. Wishing you a healthy lawn & bank account.:)

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
lol! Sounds like my dh! He spent ALL day yesterday helping his brothe put plumbing in a bathroom they are re-doing. He said he had to go back today because when they turned the water on, it blew all the pipes apart. lol.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know if these men would just listen to us we probably wouldn't have so many worries!! And we would all be rich since all of our money goes to their mistakes on their GREAT ideas!! I'm only kidding....I'm just poking fun at Malcom and the others!! :D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Well Daphne, such are men ! I hope it doesn't cost you too much for the tires !!:D

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Lol, I know I shouldn't laugh because I've been through it too!!Your lawn is going to be beautiful, just keep thinking that.................:D

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
LOL, you are right Daphne, if they would just learn to listen to us, their lives would be so much easier. :D I try to gently remind my DH of that all the time. LOL.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the tires ended up costing around $40 to fix. Not as bad as I imagined!!Malcom finished the yard yesterday and it looks like a totally different place....I can't believe it!!!

·
27,948 Posts
:clap: Good news! It didn't cost an arm& a leg & your yard looks nice. Moral of the story...sometimes boys & their toys can save us a few bucks. (don't tell them I said that);)

What's the next plan for the lawn?

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
But bobcats are so much fun! LOL

Glad the tires weren't costly and that the yard is looking great!

·
Registered
601 Posts
you know sometimes men spend more money and time on fixing up what they made worse.... unless you have a true handyman at home.. i have a brother that is very handy and never has to hire anyone to do anything at his house..
wish i was like that.
in my house my dh always tried to do something and if it didn't go just right he would hit it, or throw it or whatever and end up with a big ole mess..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts