Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Licence to Kill
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find it! I thought I had it bookmarked... :(

Does anyone know the website where you can search by ingredient? It also talked about using up leftovers, if I remember right?

I pulled some frozen turkey out of the freezer (leftovers)... Trying to figure out what to do with it...suggestions? :)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Turkey soup is my favorite. You could also thicken the soup and make turkey pot pie.

Reactions: Luv2BeFrugal

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
My dad always took leftover turkey, added it to cooked rice, poured tomato sauce and some spices over it and baked. I stinkin' loved it.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I think campbellkitchen.com also does this...

http://www.campbellkitchen.com

I'm an avid user of kraftcanada.ca and even have their cookbook magazines sent to my house every few months free of charge. :D

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Our favorite leftover turkey recipe is:

Make a basic cream sauce (can also use evaporated milk) and toss the turkey in. Add a few splashes of white wine and a couple tsp of curry powder (more if you like it hot). Let it simmer for a while (the longer it simmers, the better it tastes) I've never done it before, but it could probably be done in teh crockpot. Serve it over white rice. At the table have little bowls of raisins, diced raw onion, hard boiled egg, chopped peanuts, chopped crispy bacon, chopped apples.

hhhmmm, may have to get some turkey out of the freezer! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts