Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, in 2010 we did it- purchased myself my 'own' car in July for $3500 cash plus my trade in, worth $1500 or so, yesterday the last payment was made on hubby's car, an '05 subaru wagon with less than 45K miles on it. I will need a new car in 3 or so years (an '03 with now 83k on it), but hubby's will last for quite a while. We paid off hubby's car about 2.5 years early!

We slay the car payment beast! NEVER having one again! Now onto our other payments- next in sight is the business loan, about $7300 left on it, plan to make a $900 payment later today!

Business has been slow for hubby, so we are probably not going to be able to make the HUGE strides in paying down debt we've made the last 4 months or so, but bit by bit, we'll conquer it all. Planning to be debt free except the house by 3/2012....I just can't wait for that FREEDOM! Also looking forward to when these big chunks of $ we've been paying down on things are just ours for the use as we see fit, instead of going to debt repayment!

·
27,948 Posts
Way to own it! :thumb: Go you!

·
Registered
183 Posts
The feeling of having no car payment is indescribable. The nice chunk o'change in your pocket is pretty nice too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.