Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was digging around on the net and came across this.............

Recycled Toilet Paper Roll Wreath! - creative jewish mom

There must be some sort of law for a LIMIT OF what can be done.........:laugh:

This is just PURE UGLY............

but.........gotta say.......the devil in me made me wonder who I could give one for Xmas!! Maybe one of my "friends" that think I am
BEYOND frugal!!!!

So..........to the next person on here that asks about toilet paper rolls..............here is your answer!! ENJOY!!

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Wow ~ that is actually quite cool looking ... (Of course MINE would never look like that- lol)

·
8,714 Posts
~I think it looks pretty great too considering the source material but there is no way I'd use tp tubes for any projects. They were hanging in a very germy place before they became empty tubes. Ick.
Now if you were to use wrapping paper tubes and just make the flowers, they'd be really pretty ornaments on a natural looking tree. And like she said, they could be painted. Glossy black spray paint might almost give the project a cast iron look. ~

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I kinda think it is cool. I have seen ones on Pinterest that have been painted black and they have a wrought ironish feel to them.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
For quite a few months now, I've been seeing these all over the crafting sites, and I think it's pretty neat too. A nice craft for 5-9 YOs. And you can always use paper towel rolls instead of the TP ones.

But I wanted to thank you for posting this because I ventured further on the site, and she's got alot of great recipes. Her challah looks excellent, and I'm going back to search for more. I love ethnic foods. So maybe I personally won't be making TP roll crafts, but I'll turn out a good loaf of challah or two.... lol! :)

Theresa

·
Registered
5,605 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
It looked a bit cooler than I thought it would from your description. I agree that painting it black would give it a better appearance, though.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I like the Christmas one with red buttons but would never make one.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I don't think it's ugly. Actually quite different and unique looking.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh YUK! Maybe it is just the idea of what they are made of..........but I will pass. Maybe if I needed something to make with kids.......doubtful.....

But.............how many of you would like to have me "whip you one out" for Xmas...........creative idea, yes,..........pretty? NOT!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
~I'll pass FF. ;) ~
Gees..........no takers!! I offered to make one for a friend, and sent the link to her, she didn't even comment on the looks.......just told me it looked like a DUST COLLECTOR!!! :laugh: We are BOTH NOT into 'stuff on shelves'.........well, books don't count!!

This took me back 'to the days' when your child comes home from school with all the stuff that they make and you HAVE to display it!!! Gotta say.........all the stuff around the house drove me nuts!! My PLOT/PLAN was always to convince her that gram and gramps would LOVE to have it for Xmas...........lots of time it worked!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Have also seen them on other sites. Definately a good project for kids. Personally while nice I think pictures can sometimes make things look nicer than what they really are. Plus the more you guys talked about where the rolls have been the more you think EEEWWWWW!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts