Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where on earth did they ever come up with the saying "eats like a bird"? Our 11 eats a 50 lb bag a week (and I think we get 150 lbs of poop in the same about of time). I'm sure the veggie garden will love that though.

I can't wait until they're on my dinner plate. Atleast they're outside so I don't have to smell them.

·
27,948 Posts
Yes chickens are NASTY. You feed 'em, clean up after them & grow them nice and plump.
Then you get rid of the N add a T and get TASTY. :lip:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I applaude you if you can butcher and eat yours. Mine have names and I did it once and had to give them away. I couldn't eat them, not because they were my pets, I just couldn't eat them after I had butchered them. LOL I keep them for the beatuiful eggs we get and it is the best for baking with.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
LOL!! Sorry for laughing but I know what you mean. We have 24 laying ones and yup, they are work but I love my fresh eggs!!!

Get them nice and plump and you'll have no more chores for the winter!!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
And it'll all be worth it once they are nice and plump and they are in your freezer.

I remember going to my grandpa's and the smell of his chicken coup was so gross, but how I loved collecting eggs. Slipped and slided, but it sure was fun even if it was stinkie!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But the dog things it's one of the greatest flavors... bleck!!!!!!

I can't wait until we slaughter them. I can't do the head lopping and gutting. But I'll pick the feathers and and make mean meal out of them.

We have some hens coming, and I'm almost 1/2 tempted to cancel them. Wanna see your electric bill go through the roof because of the heat lamps. It sure is a heck of alot cheaper to buy 1/4's when they go on sale for 19 cents a pound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts