Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sons team lost their first ball game tonight, the kids didn't seem upset by the loss.....and I am glad that we don't have to travel out of town for the 8pm game tomorrow night. So tomorrow will be practice at 6:30 pm, then a game on Friday night at 8pm. Will be a late night on Friday but atleast we don't have to get up early for school on Sat.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
glad it worked out :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Whew! You are right about the schedule (saw it on your other post). Glad they aren't too miffed by the loss.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Looks like everything turned out okay.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Glad it worked out how you wanted it to. :)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I feel so sorry for them. Hope they win Fridays game.
Can I ask though why you let him join if you didn't want him to play when they were scheduled?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I let him join because he wanted to, he is 10 and the first time he has ever showed interest in doing a team sport. We are new to this, joined not knowing how things worked. I was thinking things would be like what I remembered when my brother played ball when we were kids, had practice a couple days after school and games on Saturday afternoon. The whole family went to my brothers games and there was no traveling all over the county for games.....so things sure have changed since then. My biggest concern with the late nights right now is at school they are prepping for the end of grade tests, and will be having those tests in a couple of weeks. Here how things work with the end of grade test, if you don't pass that test you don't pass that grade, it would not matter that my ds is a straight A student, if he does badly on the end of grade test because he couldn't concentrate because he is tired, then he fails this school year. I also learned from other moms last night, that this is the first year this league has had late night games with kids in this age group, in the past the late night games were for kids over the age of 13. Needless to say these women don't like the time changes made this season, and they were also relieved about not having the late night tonight.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Our kids always started early but it usually ran til dark.
Thanks for answering.
Best of Luck to them this season

1 - 8 of 8 Posts