Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't believe how much dirty laundry my kids brought home to do. Nicole did 8 loads yesterday :eek: and we're starting on Marks today and he had 2 huge duffle bags crammed full. They both brought all their bedding to wash so that really adds up. Oh my, that electric bill will be something since I can't hang any up outside to dry.

Nice having the kids home though, you know I'm loving that.:cloud9: I have them til Sunday.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I know what you mean about the laundry..my nephew brings his dirty laundry when he comes to visit me:eek:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
When ds moved out that was how I got to see him, he would bring his washing on Sundays, go to church and then come home for a meal WITH VEGETABLES in it!!!!:toothy:

it does create a spike in power useage and the hot water consumption LOL!:D

·
Registered
733 Posts
My youngest son moved out on his own in Aug. He brings his wash home. He says he has to PAY to use the washer in his apartment complex:eek: He has to buy his own detergent:eek:
Can you believe it! AHHH now he appreciates good old Mom.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Yeah, I remember bringing home 6 weeks worth of laundry home. It was just so much easier to bring it home..and cheaper! Plus, sometimes, my mom even ironed for me.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I remember those days Darlene. We finally jumped off and bought a new (to me) set from a garage sale and gave dd#2 our old set. It was well worn but still works....I don't do her laundry anymore :D

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, thanks for the smiles ladies. All their laundry is done, but I bet I'll hear one more load for the clothes they've worn since laundry was done. Ran the water softner an extra cycle yesterday since the water use has been way up. :toothy:

Hey what's with my son leaving every glass he uses where he drank it? He must miss my nagging...

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
LOL Darlene. Sounds like lots of laundry to do, but I bet you loved it huh? Except for the higher bills that is, as I know you couldn't hang any of it out with all the rain we have had.

:hug2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts