Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~So I knew utilities were supposed to be a lot cheaper here in CO than in NJ but it was still a very nice surprise seeing the first bill yesterday. Just for math practice and funsies, I pulled out the bills from NJ and the new bill to run a comparison.

NJ / CO
Natural Gas: $1.22 Therm / $.60 therm
Electric: $.17 KWH / $.10 KWH

So even though we have a bigger house now(1250 compared to old 800), there will be little to no impact on the old budget. It makes up for the higher expense of phone, internet, water and sewer out here I guess. :) Cool. :D ~

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
That's good. Did you get the internet bill straightened out? I had said in the other thread it might have been because of being prorated. At least the old budget will semi work for you. Glad things are rolling along well for you and your family.

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
~The internet is as straightened as it's going to be. It's just plain more expensive here. Oh well, it makes me feel better to know that other things are cheaper.
For the first couple weeks here I was getting pretty scared seeing that things were actually higher here. But I've been able to find some good sales since and found the better paces to shop for certain items, plus the lower utilities have given me hope that there won't be any significant financial difference between keeping house in NJ and keeping house here in CO. Certainly a big concern when moving across the country!~

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Summer cooling will likely be cheaper just because it should be cooler here. Winter warming may be higher, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts