Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I use Mint Mobile $15.00 a month for unlimited talk, text, and 4GB of highspeed data. It has unlimited slower data which is fine for google maps and Spotify.

I get my glasses from Zenni Optical, which is about 1/10th the cost of my optometrist.

I use GoodRX for prescription medication discounts.

I've switched my whole house to LED lights, and use rechargeable batteries.

I use an ultra low flow shower head to reduce both water usage and electricity required to heat the water.

I use an HD antenna, and a Roku box for tons of free TV and content.

I use a crockpot to slow cook things while I work and have both a dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day, this is a super cheap and easy way to cook meals.

I shop at goodwill for dress clothes.

I use discount dent and ding grocery stores.

I use a chest freezer to stock up on items on sale, bread and milk can be frozen without ruining their taste.

I drive an older car, and keep it well maintained and only keep state minimum liability insurance on it.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Thanks for the info on Mint Mobile. I rarely use a cell phone, so I don't have a plan currently, but if I have upcoming trips planned, I'll look into that service.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Speaking of cell phones..When mine gets too old and stops working properly, I don't buy the $800 Apple models or anything. It's a flip phone or "candy bar" style that's refurbished. I like how it doesn't shatter when dropped and is very sturdy. I can find them on ebay for $50 or less.

I cut my own hair and the bit of fringe on my face isn't always even. To make it look better, I use a curling iron to curl it under and nobody can tell!

I use an app on my computer that searches for coupons when I shop online. It automatically applies the best one to my purchase.

We rent books from Amazon for college studies. It's way cheaper than buying them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts