Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of trying to make up some soap. I picked some up last year along with some oils and it just did not come out right. The soap did not form/harden very well and I did not like the scent.
I would like to try this again though and may pick some up at Micheal's with my sister(I don't drive that far now).
I am thinking of trying some hearbs also. Not sure what would work though. GOsh, I have allot from my garden but more like, rosemary, mints, lemon blam, etc so, not sure any of those will work.

Can someone enlighten me on this, please?:hubba:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have seen rosemary in kitchen soaps and I love anything lemon so those 2 might work. I have only used dried lavender and then for other scents I use essential oils. HTH

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Laura. I guess I may need to skew with it to find what may or may not work well. I just have so many herbs, I figured may as well get some use from the abundance of it

·
Registered
22 Posts
What kind of soap are you making? glycerin or cocoa butter? That will make a difference.Cocoa butter based soaps seem to take better to being mixed with herbs and other ingredients.

If you want to use herbs you already have growing,you'll have to cut and dry them first,otherwise they may cause the soap to mold as the plants decay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts