Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby's dad has visitation every other weekend. I'm in northern Michigan, we get bad bad snow at times. We are suppose to get 5-10 inches tonight. Bad weather is no excuse for missing visitation.

I'm sick of risking our lives driving in bad weather but if I don't he'll take me to court. I wish he'd have a heart and risk his life to drive up here to visit instead of forcing me to take the kids out on the road.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Are you required by the court to take the kids to him? That sounds nuts.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Regardless of who takes them, they kids are still out on the road. Sounds rough!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we meet half way, 1 1/2 hours one way to meet

last year he drove here and spent the weekend to visit, but now he has a girlfriend who has 3 kids she lost custody of so they like to play family with my daughter now. Makes me sick

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I'm pretty sure (almost) every parent who deals with visitation has similar issues. It may not be perfect, and it may not be convenient, but the fact that he is willing to meet you 1/2 way is more than a lot of fathers do.
And I find it highly unlikely that he would take you to court if the roads were, in fact, too dangerous to drive. I mean...really, it costs money and you have to wait for a court date, and a judge is likey to just dismiss such a silly complaint.
I did the one way hour drive with my girls for many, many years....in all kinds of weather, and working around a non traditional work schedule. I had a crappy beater car and he had a brand new truck. It is what it is, and his current lifestyle is something you can do nothing about. It took me many years to learn that....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts