Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't normally rank here at fv. However I need to let off some steam this morning because I'm so sick and tired of this.

Let me share a bit first. We have 3 special needs children. Two of them had a horrible time potty training. Ds#1 who is high functioning autistic wasn't trained until he was 6. It was frustrating, however I could handle 6 years.

On the other hand ds#2 has Down syndrome. He is 19 and NOT potty trained. Our social worker says it happens often.

I'm so #*%(%^)# sick of having diapers for 21 years. I'm (#@_ tired of it!!!!!

End of rant!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Aww, I am sorry. I can't say that I understand, but I feel for you.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'm sorry (((hugs)))

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I am so sorry. :hugz:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I can understand the frustration on the potty problem......... We were lucky. My grandson was 7 when he was potty trained. He has downs. Even now he is 11 and still has accidents.......
Fern

·
Registered
632 Posts
Everyone has a rant day sometimes, it's ok. I'm so sorry. Hopefully your day will become a little brighter.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I think you need to get a nice big fruity drink and let calgon take you away.... :)

Sorry you are going through this. :grouphug: It must be rough, I got sick of diapers after 2 years, I can't imagine 21 years!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Rant away! Sometimes getting the frustration out can make situations easier to deal with on a daily basis!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
(((((HUGS))))) Having the responsibility of taking care of special needs children is a tough job. Is there any chance at all of him ever being able to be toilet trained?

I know after our son's accident it took about 3 months to retrain him to use the toilet and even to this day he sometimes has accidents at night...which for him is very embarrassing.

·
Banned
952 Posts
I had them for 25 yrs. hun, I know what you mean. You get so tired day in and day out of checking them and changing them and storing them and disposing of them. It's never ending. I know. Hope you feel just a little better now.
But, doesn't it make it all go away when they smile and want a hug? I know.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Everyone needs to vent and this was your day for it!:grouphug: We're glad to listen!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had them for 25 yrs. hun, I know what you mean. You get so tired day in and day out of checking them and changing them and storing them and disposing of them. It's never ending. I know. Hope you feel just a little better now.
But, doesn't it make it all go away when they smile and want a hug? I know.

Thank you for your e-mail. What a sweet picture of your son.

Thank you ladies. I'm okay, it's just difficult sometimes. A smile and a hug from them does make it go away, however every now and then.....

·
Registered
841 Posts
I just think we all have days when we feel overwhelmed with it all. You are an awesome mom to do what you do with special needs kids.
It takes angels to watch over them, and you are such a wonderful angel of a mom! I know that special needs kids are work that earns mom's angel wings, so when you hear those little bells ring, its a momma getting her wings!
I am so glad you let off steam, it does help sometimes to just let go of it and rant away!
I hope your day is better,
:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
my SN ds was 6....and I thought THAT was tough!!

aren;t our kiddos the greatest, though? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts