Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an acquaintance that lives a couple of blocks away. Two of my close friends live in my neighborhood too. The acquaintance has two kids--a boy and a girl--plus what I thought was a younger daughter. Well, come to find out, this girl is actually her neice. No problem, right? WRONG. This poor kid gets all sorts of s**t dumped on her because she's "just like her mom". For example, the family went to Disneyland AND DIDN'T TAKE HER ALONG BECAUSE SHE HAD BEEN "BAD". Can you imagine???!!!Then, she got head lice. Did they comb her hair and treat her, NOPE--just shaved all of her long blonde hair off! then they bought the "real" kids those new BIG Big Wheels, but didn't get her one. The "real" kids treat her like dirt, taunting her and making fun of her.The icing on the cake is when they told one of my friends that they won't adopt her because then they don't get money from the state for her!!! Mind you, these people have a boat, a 4 door truck, a Corvette, a minvan, a big screen TV, a HUGE sectional sofa...well, you get the idea.

I was talking to one friend tonight and she told me she would like to take this little girl into her home. She doesn't want the money the state offers, she just wants the little girl to have a chance (I think she's about 7 or 8 so there IS hope for the poor thing).

My other friend took her to HER house last night to spend the night with some of her kids. The kids her age weren't there, but the girl didn't care because she was getting some indivual attention from my friend. They popped popcorn and watched a movie together. Today, after the girl had been at my friend's house for almost 24 hours, she called the "mom". "Mom" said to send her home--she could walk by herself!:eek: "Mom" never once called to check up on her or anything! Talk about "Mother of the Year"!!:bang:

I think my friends should tell our school principal what has been going on when school starts. I don't have any first hand knowledge of this or I would.

I have never liked this woman, but have always spoken politely to her. I suspect that now I would have trouble not smacking her face if I see her!

What would YOU do in this situation?

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I would definately have those people investigated. That needs to stop. Surely they are checked on by the state? They probably have that girl too scared to say anything though.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Oh, Lori. I do't know what I'd do. It's too early in the morning. I might talk to a deputy and see what I COULD do.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I can't say what to do because maybe our laws, help etc are different in the UK?

But big :hugz: to you and a :D to pass on to the little girl when you see her.

After that ~ Go smack the mother one ~ We can do that in any country LOL.

I'd be MAD too ~ P.S I did shave my kids hair once because after 4 months of lice and no joy with treatment I got fed up of watching them itch! I did cry too though if it helps ;)

Your story sounds like Cinderella in real life! I'm going now, because the more I think of it, the madder I get and the more I blabber ~ Hope it all works out.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I'd want to smack the "mother", too!

I think I'd call the local Children's Services Board, or whatever it's called in your area. In Ohio CSB handles adoptions, foster care, that sort of thing. This really sounds like mental abuse to me.

Good luck, and let us know what happens!

p.s I knew a girl in high school whose parents got her nothing one year for Christmas because they were mad at her... she came down Christmas morning and watched her brothers and sisters open all their presents, with none for her. Last I knew, she was a teen mother and had been in an abusive relationship with the father of her baby. :( Nobody seems to know where she is now- that was several years ago.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I would report that family to child protection authorities...This is just unacceptable in 2003!!! Child abuse should not even exist, ever, anymore!!! The population in North Amercia, in my opinion, is WELL INFORMED how to treat children the RIGHT WAY!

Tell us when you find out more...I hope this little girl can be adopted by your friend...:heartsm:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I would report it to the local child protective service in your area.

That should not be allowed to continue. The girl is probably scared to death and you know she must have a low or no self esteem.

·
27,948 Posts
Somebody needs to step in and be an advocate for this child.
That family that has her now is pure evil and the filthiest bunch of trash. May they suffer long and hard for not caring properly for this dear child.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
If I was in this situation I would go Talk to the Authorites and to the School and to Child Protection Services..
I will be praying for this little girl .

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would contact every type of law enforcement and child protection service that I could find,along with speaking to a church authority if one was available. Could your friend at least make arrangements for this little girl to spend as much time with her as possible,so she would know she is loved and appreciated?
BTW,she can come spend the night at our house!
I say we all show up at that nasty family's door,and kick some frugal butt!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
If your friend went to the authorities, would she be able to foster (or adopt?) the girl? if not a bad home life might become worse.
From what I hear lots of people foster kids just for the money.
I would love to have a little girl like that here with me.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:( that poor little girl....

·
Registered
78 Posts
That story breaks my heart..... I agree with everyone else and would try to call somebody. I will pray for that precious child. The adults in that household sound like some real winners!!

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I agree with all thats written...you and your friend should try to get this child some help and out of that home...Good luck and keep us updated!!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My friend gets her to come over as often as possible. I am going to be talking with her over the next few days and see what she wants to do. If I had MY way, I'd boot the "parents" to the curb and yank their suppor tchecks so fast it would maky your head spin!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My friend gets her to come over as often as possible. I am going to be talking with her over the next few days and see what she wants to do. If I had MY way, I'd boot the "parents" to the curb and yank their suppor tchecks so fast it would maky your head spin!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Darlene said:
Somebody needs to step in and be an advocate for this child.
That family that has her now is pure evil and the filthiest bunch of trash. May they suffer long and hard for not caring properly for this dear child.
I agree, she needs an Angel to watch over her and get some help for her ...........:angel:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I totaly agree with all the above.I think it is so sad when a childs biological parent can't be a good parent (nice,loving,resposible,attentive)But what gets me even more is when foster parents bring a child into their home to "help" them and they are as bad or worse.

oh and please tell the "mom" that no child is bad they just have bad parents as role models.

·
Registered
260 Posts
That is so heart-breaking! It's clearly child abuse. They are setting patterns in the life of that little girl that are going to be hard for her to shake. I pray somebody comes to her rescue.

And OMGosh on the other little girl who got nothing for Christmas while watching her siblings open their gifts! That makes me furious too. What is the matter with people?? :mad:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts