Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this months bill yesterday. It went down $21!! Yippeeee. I really though it would go up since we had so many sub zero days on this bill. It seems making my fiance turn the heat down when he leaves for work is helping. BTW the bill is $307.:yucky:

Cat

·
Registered
17 Posts
Manage Utility Bills

You may want to contact your utility company and ask if they offer a "budget" plan. They may call it something else. Essentially what it is, is the company determines your annual utility usage and divide that amount into 12 equal monthly payments so you won't have a high bill in the winter when it is cold or in the summer when you are running the AC.
Having the budget plan is a great way to help with your monthly financial budget.

I have written more about it on my blog.
manymoneysavers.blogspot.com

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
good job.... any decrease is a good thing.... keep it up and you will see even better results in the future.....

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They do have a budget plan but we just don't do it. We've always had very low bills in the summer so that helps make up for it. I like knowing exactly that my bill is paid, I don't like the little surprise of owing at the end of the year.

Cat

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I budgeted $275.00 for this bill because I really didn't think it would drop more than $307. I got the bill yesterday it is $230. That gave us another $45 for doctor bills. :fdance:

Cat

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:woohoo:

Good job!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine is always $300.00 to and last months bill went down to $178.00!!! I was going to do the budget thing that was talked about in another post, but I am glad I didnt because it went down by me being more aware!! AWESOME JOB!!! :cheer4:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Great job every little bit helps.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I was hoping it would be down under $200 but we had a week of really cold weather so that didn't help, but it is down another $13.
My goal is to get it down under $200 for next bill. Chip chip chip.

Cat

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
:grouphug2 Great job

·
Registered
557 Posts
Our bill jumped from 35.00 in febuary to 177.00 in March. Nothing had changed so I called and it was ) It didn't go down. I got my bill yesterday and it was 66.00/ I wasn't that cold that the furnace ran any more and no unusual usage. so I have no clue

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Our bill jumped from 35.00 in febuary to 177.00 in March. Nothing had changed so I called and it was ) It didn't go down. I got my bill yesterday and it was 66.00/ I wasn't that cold that the furnace ran any more and no unusual usage. so I have no clue
How many days did it cover? Did they have a rate hike?
We got our bill today and I'm shocked. I budgeted $200 since it was $217 last month. May's bill is $124.00!!!:dancing: The cooler weather has had a great benefit. We have only had to run the AC a couple of times and only for a couple of hours, not using lights until the sun goes down, no tv, and hanging clothes on the line DOES work. My goal for next month $100.

Cat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts