Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, recently I realized why I hate looking at my pantry.

It's because it's predominitly RED in there :eek:

I had a HARD time finding any prodcuts in my pantry that don't have the color red in it.

So far ones without the color red are my propel kiwi strawberry, and my S&W flavored peaches and bag of sugar. But those only take up a tiny tiny bit of space. Everthing else has some red in it so far.
I even have actually entertained the thought of wrapping my food up in non red colors just so I can have a prettier pantry ....but ofcourse I realize how silly that is :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
i realized the same thing not long ago..i guess the color red must make us want to buy lots of food..the only sugestion i have is maybe containers like tupperware or something and put whatever cant fit in then behind so maybe you dont see them as much..heck i dont know..lol

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Do you want to know why. I read a few years ago that the color red in your kitchen will make you want to eat more!!!

I took a look in my kitchen as well just now and there isn't a whole lot of food here that doesn't have some red on it either.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's funny cj! Because everytime I see that red color it actually makes me un-hungry ;o) Guess their plan isn't workin on me :D

mtjsmom, that's a great idea! I'll try to put away some of the stuff in my big'sh tupperware bins :)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I actually thought about doing my kitchen red and white once because I also read that fast food joints use a lot of red in their decorating to make you hungry and eat more AND faster???

But I KNEW it wouldn't work on me either! LOL.

It's also a child's colour and produces energy apparently.

And of course stands for heat and RAGE (maybe that's the bit you're getting ;) lol)

I think the tupperware is a good idea if you really hate it that much.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG, I have bought red paint to decorate and do it in chili peppers!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I just took a peek into my pantry and I had lots of red in it too. I just closed the door. It is in my hallway and stays in a state of untidiness from DD rummaging through it so I just get what I need and close it back up, you know~out of site, out of mind, LOL.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
my grandmothers (both sides) have red kitchens!! Looking in my pantry, lots of reds and blues in my pantry.... hmmmm maybe time for a snack, lol.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I work in a nursing home, and there's been research done that says that for residents who won't eat, red placemats, napkins, or plates seem to make a difference. They also recommend decorating the dining room in red in new facilities.

Somewhere I have a whole bunch of research I did once on color theory. Blue is calming, I remember... can't think of the rest of them off-hand. (Former art major here, can you tell?) :)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
OMG...My kitchen is green...THANK G I hate red...I'd be eating constantly!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts