Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on my shopping list all day:toss: You would think it would nto be to hard to do after i had all the menue for 30 days. Welllllllll it was not lol.I think I finily have it all with some of the prices I knew. after i go shopping i will have all my prices. then maybe next time it wont to so hard to get a good list.

· Registered
11 Posts
Calendar Program

Hello! Here's what I do that makes my life easier. I don't know if it's feasible for you, but perhaps it is :) I use Microsoft Works' Calendar program to input what I'll be making that day for dinner, and I copy and paste the recipe right into the calendar, so when I click on a day, the recipe pops up. I use cooks.com alot to find recipes, and I save them in word documents. I have a document of recipes that use oats, a separate one for recipes that use bisquick, a separate one for recipes that use potatoes, so on and so forth, so when I want to use something up, I just go to that file, find something good and add it to my calendar. It did take a while to get the thing set up but now it's a breeze!!

· Registered
5,866 Posts
I'm trying to get something set up as well. I've been trying out menus, new recipes, tried and true and seeing which ones the family votes as a keeper. Then I am jotting down the entire meal in a notebook. Hopefully at the end of each season I will have 30 meals planned. I've made tons of menus in the past, but never thought to save them. DUH!

· Premium Member
4,642 Posts
I keep my menu in my palm calendar, but I found it easier to keep the actual recipes in a notebook. I bought a coiled scribbler during the back to school sales and on the first couple pages listed everything that my family likes to eat. I don't try new recipes very often, but if I do and it goes over well, I just add it to the list. The list is in sections for beef, chicken, fish & meatless (I don't like pork). Then I wrote out all the recipes & directions, starting with a complete list of ingredients. Even if it was so simple that I didn't need a recipe (ie. hamburgers), I still wrote out everything I needed to make the meal.

I make my menus weekly and buy groceries every Saturday after I've read the flyers. That way I can take advantage of sales. Once I know what I'm making, I just check the ingredient lists in the book and add anything that is missing to my shopping list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.