Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had never seen these before, but my neighbor (the big bush lady) had one hanging and wow you can't beat it for the cost.
Have I been under a rock for years? I thought I was pretty bird savvy. LOL

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Sara, what the heck is that?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I must have been under the same rock, 'cause I've never seen those. I like it, though! :)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
How do they get the seeds out? Looks like a lot of work!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's hard to see in this picture, but the holes are definitely large enough for beaks. I have to chuckle thinking about a little finch clinging on to get a nibble and let's hope it's not a windy day. LOL

But it is a nice inexpensive way to offer some seed.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That looks pretty cool !!!!!!!!!
You better get one or a dozen !!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Well move over under that rock, because I've never seen the likes of it either and we've been feeding birds for years also.

Hmmm, looks kinda cool though doesn't it.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a description on one I saw online:

"A nylon sock with a draw string/hanger for use with bulk Nyjer (commonly called thistle) seed. Simply fill the sock over a bowl or newspaper to catch any falling seeds, and hang. The sock holds approximately 8 ounces of Nyjer seed, and is reusable."

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
There must be a lot of us under that rock!! I just got my first thistle feeder and Oh man...do they love it...the birds fought over it and emptied about 4-6 oz in less than 24 hrs!!

·
27,948 Posts
I have seen them before. I rememeber exclaming "what the heck is that?" the first time I saw one too.:). I never had a thistle feeder due to the high cost of thistle seeds. How inexpensive is this Sara? Some birds really go nuts for the stuff.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I have seen them before but never knew what they were.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts