Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of utilizing my sewing/crochet/knitting skills,in an
effort to come up with more money.

I am thinking of making Barbie items --- so what I want to know. . . .
what things would you buy for your daughter? specific clothing items,
furniture, accessories?

What about matching items for Barbie and your daughter?

Or would baby doll items be a better seller?

Just trying to get an idea of what would work best--- Deana was never
much into dolls of any kind, and really despised Barbie. . .

·
Registered
848 Posts
I think baby doll clothes would be better. My girls have barbie, but they just don't play with them that much. I'd rather buy doll clothes. Good luck with your endeavor!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I would do doll clothes. We have 3 girls and with barbies it has always been the same. They take off the clothes, lose them and only play with the barbies in the bathtub. With the dolls though they get into the changing the outfits.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Ally's Barbies are always naked. lol

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
hannah's barbies are nekkid too. Hannah plays with baby doll clothes more often than not. either putting onto baby dolls or stuffed animals.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I agree. I think doll clothes are better. Also, I've found that finding matching outfits (even though I don't have a baby girl I always look...can't help myself) in big and small sizes is impossible. I would love to be able to find a dress in my dd's size and then an infant size if we have a little girl this time. Even finding boys clothing that coordinates with little girls is hard. I think you would have a great market for matched and coordinated clothing as well if you wanted to consider that route.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When my kids were little-- I used to make the entire family, co-ordinating outfits for Easter, Christmas, etc.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I think baby clothes. Isabel and Ingrid can spend am entire day dressing and undressing their Bitty Babies (15 inch baby dolls from American Girl). Good luck! :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I am just speaking from what I find with my g- daughter.She is 8 years old. She likes head scarfs, and scarfs that she can use as a belt.Also, things for her room- girly curtains and such. She would like things to match for her dolls.I wish I could sew.It's such a talent.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I am just speaking from what I find with my g- daughter.She is 8 years old. She likes head scarfs, and scarfs that she can use as a belt.Also, things for her room- girly curtains and such. She would like things to match for her dolls.I wish I could sew.It's such a talent.
I forgot to add one thing- as crazy as it sounds she tries to match her clothes with......here goes... little clothes for the dog or cat. She puts the matching scarfs and such on the pets.

·
Registered
426 Posts
We've got nakie barbies here too...lol! I think baby doll clothes would be much better.

I also agree that I like to have my girls match for special occasions and with DD#1 going into "big girl" clothes (size 6 kids) that's going to be hard to do for the next year or so.

Also, my girls always wear skirts/dresses instead of pants and it is getting very difficult to find modest ones for them. All the skirts are super short and the dresses are very teenager looking. I would definitely buy modestly priced girls clothes that was actually modest and little girl-looking.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
All the skirts are super short and the dresses are very teenager looking. I would definitely buy modestly priced girls clothes that was actually modest and little girl-looking.
Amen and amen! I'm having a terrible time dressing Isabel now. "Hooker chic" is not the look I want for my daughter - and she's only five!!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Amen and amen! I'm having a terrible time dressing Isabel now. "Hooker chic" is not the look I want for my daughter - and she's only five!!

Matching dresses for infant and toddler would be great. I love to match my dd's but its very hard. DD#1 wears a size 4 and dd#2 wears 18 months.
I'd like to see some cute oldfashioned sundresses.

You said you can knit , I would make sundresses that have knitted shoulder straps with a matching band around the bottom of the dress.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
At our house the barbies are all dressed, and the babies are naked!

If you could make like furniture, barbie sized blankets, etc... I know dd would love that stuff!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
When DD was little and playing with Barbie, she loved to dress her in wedding dresses and evening gowns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts