Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are so many of the treads(like the dailies(Miserly Monday etc) never updated? Are there no moderators for the threads? Use to love this site but now so much is so far out of date that it is disheartening. I would think the dailies would be where you would post to help stay focused on being frugal. I think time to find a new forum!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi Kitchen Mama :) I noticed as well that a few of the threads have not been updated/ used lately. I just assumed that there are different areas that a lot of our frugal village members are more focused on right now. Why don't you start a new thread in some of the areas that you are interested in like Miserly Monday etc? I bet you will get some responses, I would check it out for sure :) :hugz:

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
It's not up to the moderators to provide discussion or content.

Bunch of folks got their panties in a wad last year when the site was sold and took off for parts unknown.

Frugal never goes out of date. :)

·
Registered
857 Posts

Bunch of folks got their panties in a wad last year when the site was sold and took off for parts unknown.

I had not realized that this site was sold....what am I missing? Is Sara and Gabe still here?

Kitchen Mama, I started a thread in the frugal board....come join me :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Kitchen Mama, I think the "what did you do to save money?" and the "to do challenge" are replacing the Monday/Tuesday threads simply because they can be used every day and are easier in use.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts

Correct.

This is just my opinion and usually not popular.... but it seems the more popular threads now are more like public blogs or daily diaries. So, a lot of "content" goes to those threads rather than the overall site. For some (again my opinion) those few threads are their main focus.

I do understand those threads keep them accountable.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I just always read the "new posts".
There are a lot of new posts every day - they just might not show up in the categories you are used to checking.
I do this also.

I also go to my profile where I can see what my friends have posted.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I just always read the "new posts".
There are a lot of new posts every day - they just might not show up in the categories you are used to checking.
Me too.

And that's all I wanted to say but apparently "me too" is not long enough so I am lengthening my post with pointless wittering!

Reactions: NikoSan999
1 - 10 of 10 Posts