Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three Ingredient Crockpot Teriyaki Pork

Recipe Description
I made this recipe up to use some 'old' pork steaks from the freezer (they were even partially frozen yet). I'm sure you could use pork roast (boston butt) or pork loin ... or even chicken !!​
Preparation Steps:
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
Ingredients:
4-6 Pork steaks, loin or pork roast
1-2 Onions, peeled and cut into large chunks
1 bottle Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste and Marinade

Free ingredients:
Water
Seasonings​
Serves:
Directions:
Season pork with seasonings (I used Adobo seasoning which is salt, garlic and cumin but you could use garlic salt or season salt). Place pork into crockpot. Top with onions. Add just enough water to go up about 1/2" on the side of the crockpot (about 1/2 to 1 cup or so). Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours or till meat is falling off bones. Remove bones and larger pieces of fat from meat. Remove most, but not all, of the cooking juices in the bottom of the crockpot. Stir in Kikkoman's Teriyaki Baste and Marinade (I used about 1/2 bottle); cover and cook for another 1/2 hour. I didn't think it was 'saucey' enough for my taste and added another 1/4 bottle and cooked for another 15 minutes. Serve with white rice.

Would have been really good with some steamed broccoli but I didn't have any :(

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I used that sauce on steak cube with brocolli tonight!! It's really good, not too sweet.

·
19,119 Posts
That sounds like a really great recipe - I'm putting it on my list to try next week - mahalo!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
:hugz:that sounded so awesome..I ran to the kitchen..pulled out some boneless pork ribs i had been meaning to use and fired the crockpot up....thanks...I made a double batch so I have another meal to freeze for the kids next week

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yummmm..this recipe does sound good for chicken.
I've got to try that...:crackup:
Thanks for sharing!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts