Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Villagers!

Yet another sleepless night so I thought I would get us started over here.

I think I will get a jump-start on the day (as soon as I pump more coffee in me).

~Dishes need to be done
~Breakfast for Diva
~Home-school
~Get dinner in the crock-pot
~Lunch
~Bring Diva to/from art class
~Dinner
~More dishes

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Good Morning I'm getting ready to go to work just half day today then going to clean our church. Then home to make dinner and relax. Have a great Thursday villiagers!

·
Registered
633 Posts
No sleep for me either. Between dh coughing, the wind howling and the dog barking why bother??? I haven't slept much all week and I'm exhausted.

It's another day of being stuck. We have snow drifts over six feet tall in our yard and I am sure the dirt lane and probably the one lane paved road are drifted shut too. I've been stuck here so long that I have actually lost track of what day of the week it is LOL.

My house is a disaster. It looks like an episode of Beginning Hoarders. But I have no energy to clean it up and honestly don't care at this point.

Today I will do dishes and laundry. Make lunch and dinner. Watch tv and maybe read some.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I am glad it's Thursday! (I work Mon-Wed.) I have plenty to do today, need to get off my back side and do it!

I have started the laundry, made my bed, and got the kids off to school.

Yet to do:
-finish laundry...bahahahaha, like my laundry is ever finished...ok, make that do the laundry that is currently in the utility room.
-sweep kitchen/dining room
-pick DS up from school, take him to orthodontist, take him back to school
-balance checkbook and pay bills
-drive about one hour to attend the all division band concert DD is in

Have a great Thursday everyone!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Good morning. I work this afternoon so this morning I need to make the bed, put dishes away, pick up the house, and shower and dress. Have a good day

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Morning all. I have a head cold. I am taking it easy and resting. Might do some basic stuff around here but other then that I am resting. Have a good day

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another snow day for us (third this week), so we are doing school work at home. I'm working out a routine for the kids so I can keep my sanity lol.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Right now kitty is curled up on my lap sleeping. Actually woke up this morning with her sleeping right next to me which she rarely does. Must be cold for her right now.

Well the complex is plowing and shoveling away. The sun is out so hopefully the roads and sidewalks will get cleaned up soon.

Appointment for today was cancelled.

Will take a walk around the parking lot today.

Defrosting soup for dinner.

Will dust and straighten up today.

Other than that nothing really needs to be done.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Today is my first day off (I'm working a 6 on, 3 off cycle at work right now). The cycle of work that just finished yesterday has been rough (a coworker has become so abusive and hostile that the managers are preparing to fire her) so this morning involved me sleeping in and hoping for breakfast in bed. lol, Seeing as how I live alone I had to finally break down and accept that if *I* didn't make myself a nice brunch, it wasn't going to happen.

Now that the kitchen has been put back in order the plans for the day involve:
  • dropping a parcel off (on foot to save gas)
  • picking up some groceries (also on foot to save gas)
  • continuing to work on taming the paper monster and decluttering
  • a yoga date with a friend (yay!)

I'm taking it easy today but then, I'm pretty caught up on everything at the moment (that doesn't happen often!!)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Thursdays are my uber busy days. I did all my cleaning yesterday. I spent this morning in ds8's room rearranging furniture and helping him clean. It's still not done :thud:

Later I have to pick dd17 up from school, come home & help clean upstairs some more. Then take dd to work, take ds11 to Battle of the Books, make dinner, pick up ds11, eat dinner, pick up dd15's friend & go to the mall for Knit Night where I shall attempt to knit myself sane.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Finished laundry. DH is off since he has a dental apt this afternoon. We went to Bass Pro to pick up my Valentine's gift - a food dehydrator. ( I got to pick it out!)
Need to clean the floors and file the paperwork I didn't get to yesterday. Maybe vac the second floor.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thursday, 2/11

Work at the part-time job.
Cook a light dinner later.
Taking it easy today, since tomorrow will be a busy day for me.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Both kids are home today and tomorrow, so today was a lazy day.

Put some sloppy joes (homemade) in the crockpot, and decided to have both sweet potato fries and rice with it. Tossing up some coleslaw and we're good on dinner.

Tonight, I'm making gluten free chocolate brownies. Mmm.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Made pies today for a fundraiser this weekend.Had a dental checkup and my teeth cleaned and polished. Went to childrens swim with my daughter and the grandkids, did weights. Too cold to do anything outside.grrrrrrr.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Is it Saturday yet? Wow, what a long week! Yesterday was dd's 11th birthday, and we got to bed late after opening gifts and having cake and ice cream. Fast forward to today. Everybody's cranky as we are all tired and worn out. I got the kids off to school and myself to work. Worked my shift and then picked up the kids and took the oldest to a 4-H cooking class. So thankful I had the foresight to throw a pork roast in the crockpot this morning. YAY! Now I need to wash dishes, pick the meat away from the fat and bones and put in fridge, supervise kids making out their valentines, and probably that's it. I'm just too tired to do much else.

Have a great night!
-Vanessa

·
19,119 Posts
Today was the perfect day to stay at home and do paperwork (and it just started raining now) - was overcast all day. Had an appointment with our accountant but just couldn't get everything together the way I wanted - moved the meeting to next Thursday.

I feel really good about all that I did accomplish -
1. Talked with surgeon's billing dept - they will correct an error and refund some $s to me.
2. Talked with medical group billing dept. - they are correcting two errors with some more $s to me
3. Wrote letter to Workmans Compensation rep documenting info about 2 matters and may be getting reimbursed some $s too.
4. Talked with state tax rep and worked out payment plan
5. Getting closer to having taxes done

None of the above monies are a lot - but we are due them and it all helps.

Will not be going to a board meeting tonight - still too achy. DH must go since he is commisioner - but only for a few more months!! After seven years, he found the perfect person to take over and she is good to go!!

Tomorrow I will be working on finishing up my portfolio for my online class!!......and perhaps even doing some more cleaning in our bedroom!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Did some sewing.
Then cleaning.
Then helped DH in the shop
Got dinner ready
Did dishes and now in bed playing on the computer :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts