Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!

I'm hoping for a less exciting day than yesterday! No sooner had I gotten off the computer yesterday morning, I realized my furnace wasn't working.:ack: So I called around to friends to ask for someone they would recommend. Then I stewed and fretted all morning at work wondering how much it would cost me. The final bill? $50. He reattached a screw that fell out and tightened the fuse. Problem solved. He didn't charge me the travel fee to get out to our home, either. AWESOME! Will be recommending him to friends.

Today is work until 11:00, so only about 2.5 hours in today. Then it's off to the dentist for the kids again. This is getting tiresome!! Today they are getting 2 cavities filled each and ds is getting some teeth pulled in the front to make room for other teeth that are trying to come in. Please pray that he does okay, he's never had work done, and he's my nervous child.

Tonight is bball practice for dd, but I think I'm going to drop her off and head back home. Not sure how ds will feel, and American Idol is on again! Woo-Hoo!

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Howdy kids! :)

Nice & bright sunny day here, not too cold nor windy - its actually a beautiful wintery day.

So far I've made the bed, unloaded/reloaded the dishwasher, packed DF's lunch & thermos of coffee along with his school bag ;) and dropped him at work. Gassed up the truck and now need to focus on more purging/packing/boxing by tonight.

Also need to:
* pay bills online
* take dad for a haircut
* lunch with a gf
* pack weekend bag for both DF & I (both clothes & snacks)
* laundry - after 9pm tonight
* dig DF's truck outta the snow, gas it up and test run it when I go to pick up DF from work (though its just going to snow again tonight)

I just want a relaxing AM to myself tomorrow once I drop DF at work. He'll be working half day then off to physio then off to start the 'moving weekend' = everything must be done today!

And I'm still battling a cold/flu bug - its not overly present but the few lil things that are, are annoying!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Good morning!

This is my last Thursday of working from home :) Which I am actually really excited about! I start my new job on Monday. So today, I am working a bit from Starbucks then will walk over to my old office to pick up my laptop stand and keyboard. Hopefully, I will get to say hello to my two coworkers that I have been working with the past 4 months. They rarely go into the office, so there is a good chance I won't be able to say "goodbye".

Tonight, DBF and I are using a LivingSocial deal I got last week. 2 IMAX 3D Tickets (to Tron - DBF wants to see it - but won't outright admit it...haha), 2 drinks and a popcorn for $24! IMAX tickets are typically $17/piece. So, kind of like a date-night tonight.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Continue bathroom cleaning from yesterday.

Washing bedding.

Trying to slooooowly go through this sty and clean it.

My back hurts.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
We had a big snow last night,and some ice.This morning we have a blanket of snow and bright sunshine!Several cars in the ditch, as there are always dummies that must get out, and must pull a Mario Andretti on the roads. I love them! My grandson has the tractor and the boys are making money pulling them out of the ditches! The younger grandson and his friends are shoveling snow, so should be a good day for the little entrepreneurs financially!!!I have the blade on the mule and am going out myself! Stay warm, and have a great day! Be safe!

·
Registered
173 Posts
So far I have gotten a load of laundry washed and hung up to dry. I sorted through the mess of recipe cards in my drawer and have them all nicely organized now. Found the cookie recipe I was looking for and am getting ready to bake some cookies with the kids before making them get back to their school work. I wish this was another stay at home day, but today we have bowling with the hubbies boss and his wife. Not a good idea to blow them off, so we'll be using some gas today.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Update.... the boys made 180 dollars shoveling snow!There was absolutely no competition, other kids were in playing their video games or watching TV!!!!LOL!!! Love that untapped market!!The older boy made a little less, he was on the tractor. They are praying for no school again. Smile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.