Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C'Mon, weekend!!! :)

Good morning! Well, today I hope for it to be a no-spend day other than the gas to get me to work! It seems I have had to go and get something every day this week. Rather annoying when I am trying so hard to stay on budget until the end of the month. BTW, has this been the LONGEST month ever, or is it just me?!?

I was just telling dh on the phone last night that I'm one day away from feeling like everything is going to get out of control for me. I'm sure this is what ALL single parents feel like, trying to juggle kids, work, and the house. But wow. I am a homebody by nature, and these 3 kids of mine have activities every evening Monday thru Friday. It wouldn't be so bad, but apparently we are having a couple of families over on Saturday evening. Not my idea of a good time, company stresses me out! :( Say a prayer for me, please, to suck it up and enjoy it! lol

So, today is the usual work for me. Tonight the girls have bball practice. And supper is easy with spaghetti and garlic bread. Will try to squeeze in at least one household chore tonight in between homework and supper so that I'm not as overwhelmed tomorrow.

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
27,948 Posts
Hope things go better than you think they will Vanessa.

Got up at 6 this morn, bad dream, hate those. I figured since I was up so early I'd take advantage & roll with it. Before 7:30 I had, dressed, emptied & loaded the dishwasher, did a load of laundry, made bed, picked up house, cleaned bathroom, made and ate breakfast while reading a chapter in my book, gave the birds some suet, rearranged a cupboard, filled my pill minder for the week, gathered garbage for Trasha Claus who comes today, fed pets... whew. Now to carry the clothes up to the balcony to dry instead of spending $$ on that drier. Did that the other day & it worked well. I have just enough rack space for 1 load of laundry (no sheets tho, those take up mega space)

Staying home today, went grocery shopping yesterday afternoon so we are all set for a while. Felt weird going at that time of the day, I usually go first thing in the morn but I couldn't wake up ,lol. Funny how one day I'm in a slug-a-bed mood and the next I'm full of energy. Oh well.:D

I need to go to DMV get my eye test for my license but am putting it off. Hate the line and paying $64.50 bucks (good for 8 years). It's nuts how much money NY gets from you if you drive. ugh. I need to see what other Villagers pay, just for giggles.

Not much else going on, just some fussing around & reading. Want to spend some time out in the sun today too. If they aren't too wet I think I'll clean up the rest of the hostas.

Have yourself a no-line-no-waiting kinda Thursday all.:)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Heading in to work this morning...hope to get 5-6 hours in today. I am still waiting for Oct 1st-15th check which should be in the mail, so I am getting a little anxious...ok, a lot anxious.

Other than that, I may run over to Old Navy tonight to pick up a fleece jacket and then am thinking a "breakfast" style dinner tonight to use up what we have. Tonight I need to prepare for my interview tomorrow. I am trying to get a part-time job to help jump-start my savings/student loan payment goals and have an interview tomorrow morning :) I really hope it goes well, I really like the company and would LOVE to work at the store

·
Registered
64 Posts
I need to go to DMV get my eye test for my license but am putting it off. Hate the line and paying $64.50 bucks (good for 8 years). It's nuts how much money NY gets from you if you drive. ugh. I need to see what other Villagers pay, just for giggles.

I have heard others say that living up north is expensive, but WOW!! we pay $32.00 for our license and they are good for 8 years here in NC. I can tell dh to not look for jobs up your way when he finishes school. guess we will be southern bumpkins forever :crackup:

anyway, I still feel like :poop: but am going to have to suck it up today and get lots accomplished if we are moving next month. kids have an early release day so they get out @ 11:20. have to pick them up, ds has gymnastics this afternoon, and I have mountains of housework to do from being sick the last week. I have alot of stuff to put on craigslist and get everything boxed up that's going to Goodwill, so dh can take that this weekend.

won't spend any money today other than gas to pick up the kids and drive to gymnastics. thank goodness the weekend is almost here!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.