Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning girls. As usual I'm getting ready to leave for work. I'm taking the last of the beef for my lunch. I did put a load of clothes in the washer so I will have to do those when I get home tonight. Not much else going on today. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Cat

·
Registered
120 Posts
:bigglass: I have been lurking in these threads...might as well jump in!:horse:

Today.......

No air is on....it's cool out. But not cool enough for heat. ;)
I am going to ........
hang a load of whites on the drying rack. I am trying as hard as possible to avoid the dryer....
We are eating out of the freezer and the pantry. I am so stoked to find so many things to eat and cook and it's so great to just enjoy it. :)

My mom is having a MRI today for some problems....her budget is so very tight this month....so I have been filling up some bags this morning to share with her....so far, I have gotten 3 cloth bags FULL and that doesn't include some meats. Her income is very small and as limited as it comes....so I felt led to help her out....I can do that much. :) I will meet her after lunch and give it all to her...she doesn't know about it yet either. :bigglass:

No lights are on...and I have been unplugging as much as I can find. Very happy today.......and most thankful. :)

Reactions: gapeach

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Good Morning! Chilly here this morning. I turned my heat on for about an hour while I got ready for work, then turned it back off. I brought breakfast to work, a bagel and cream cheese, I'll be going home for lunch and will be having leftovers. Working late so bringing money in instead of spending it. Dinner is thawing in the fridge so no money spent there. I need to vacuum when I get home, the dogs are shedding and there is hair everywhere!

Have a great day!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
First day off in a week and I am thrilled by how much we have managed to get done already. We still need to put plastic up on the main level (did the caulking on the whole house and plastic up in the bedrooms yesterday). I want to go by Hobby Lobby to pick up some material to make the heavier curtains for the short windows in the boys' room and laundry room.
I need to vac and sweep and mop the house. Ironing is on the list because I washed all our work clothes last night. Still want to fog-x and rain-x the car. Should be able to get all that in no problem.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Another day another dollar....at work at least. Today should be pretty quiet. I'll work on ornaments at lunch. Tonight is leftovers and DS has a book fair (his friend's) so he's getting his very own dictionary. A big tradition in our house...it's one thing I will splurge on. I'm big on knowing the words you use.

Other than that it's getting ready to pack for my weekend away at my dad's...no kids and no DH so it's a light pack.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I am feeling more human today. I think this nasty cold is on its way out!!

This morning I hung out two loads of laundry..the rain has stopped & the sun is shining so I'm making the best of it. I still have one more load to hang out.

Then the boys & I ran some errands. I needed to get dog food and some work shoes for dd's first job :D I'm so proud of her! I also stopped at Michael's and spent way too much money on wool to make felted slippers lol.

Now we're home but not for long. I have to go pick up the girls, feed oldest dd, then take her to her orientation. Make dinner for the family, pick up dd on the way to Knit Night.

It's almost the weekend!!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Today, I am taking the train up to Portland, Or to visit with my SIL. Tomorrow and Saturaday, we are both going to the Women of Faith Conference. I am excited to go.
On my way to the train station, I am going to stop at the bank and the dry cleaner. Between my DH and I we have exactly 3 items that are dry clean only: our winter comforter, a suit coat, and a skirt. I am taking them in for there yearly cleaning.

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
its a beautiful fall day here in Nj l am staying close to home today got alot done in the house and working on purging stuff. Going to try to walk this afternoon and make a quick trip to the library Have a great day everyone

·
19,119 Posts
YM - glad that your health is on the upswing!!

HD - have a great train trip and conference with your SIL!!

I am staying at home this morning, then heading out midafternoon for a massage. Also have a soccer board meeting tonight!!

I've already sewn one preschool quilt top and am working on some others today too. Also on my list is to do some decluttering the our bedroom and laundry.

Still very hot and humid, so slow going. Have a great Thursday!!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I worked half day today as usual. Packed my lunch. Came home and put a load in the washer. Need to wash towels too. It 's raining so can't hang out.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I have stayed at home today. Made enough homemade dog treats for a month or so and then put enough of the mixture in the freezer for another 2-3 months. I then made cookies and put enough in the freezer for another batch. I have also worked on some paperwork for my husbands work. Last time I did it they paid me $50.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Today I ran errands and started preparing for a yard sale on Saturday. I have tons of stuff and I only got a few boxes out to sort today. Hopefully I can get it all done tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts