Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Thursday!!

Yay, no sick boy today! And he made it thru a full day of school yesterday, so that's a super sign! My company came yesterday, baby included. I was initially upset because I didn't want to get the baby sick, but her parents are very relaxed about it with the philosophy of "if she gets sick, she gets sick". My boy isn't allowed to touch her yet, we'll give him another 24 hours or so. And what a fun age she is, it's amazing how you forget!

Today, unfortunately, is work for me. Boo. The kids have school, as well. DH came home with the new rhino, so he and my brother just took off to go elk hunting in the woods in it. I have mixed feelings about him actually shooting an elk. I've never tasted elk meat, and i'm a picky meat eater. We'll see.

Tonight is equally busy. I have parent teacher conferences for all 3 kids tonight and then both girls have bball practice. So much for having down time while the company is here.

Hope to have a productive and super day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I got out of bed around 8 which is late for me. So far the breakfast dishes are done but need put away, the oven is on cleaning mode as I type. I scrubbed DH's lunch bucket*YUCK*. I called the dentist and rescheduled DH's appointment that was for today. He didn't get home until almost 10 and the appt. was for this afternoon at 2:40. He needs sleep, so now it's set for next Tuesday afternoon. I need to pick up my last paycheck, but if the bank is closed I will do that tomorrow. I'm not wasting gas. I have no clue what supper will be.
I'm still working on the paper clutter.

Cat

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
take my walk today

go over to il's and cut fil and bil's hair.

having dinner there with them

·
Registered
156 Posts
Working (hopefully a good 7 hours in today) and then attending a professional event tonight (wine tasting and silent auction). Tickets were $175 but DBF and I got free tickets from his dad! So, I am hoping dinner can just be some really great appetizers and wine.

I need to start thinking of what to bring to the football tailgate this weekend. I am thinking of making some kind of cheap sangria?? and then probably just bringing chips and dip...and maybe some cookies or something

That is about it....

·
19,119 Posts
Happy Veterans Day and Mahalo who have ever, are and will ever serve!!

Slept in until 7AM and love it!!
Coffee is brewing and filling the house with great aromas!!

Getting reacquainted with my stationary bicycle.
Working on Christmas crafts.
Having lunch with friends - is turning into a monthly tradition!!
Mailing boxes - love that 24 hour automatic mailing process!!

Have a great Thursday everyone!!

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Spending the day with family today. Everyone is off work today.

Dh looked at the clock and said, "we should have gone to McD' for breakfast". It was 10:15 and I said it was too late. Remembered I had some texas toast and made french toast for us instead. Much cheaper and healthier.

He wants to go to some of the Vet's days sales. He needs some things for work and there are a few good deals today.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
DH came in last night and things feel right again!

I went to the store to pick up stuff for brunch, dinner and then lunch tomorrow and we should be good until Saturday. I'm so elated that he's home that I've been spending as much time with the family as I can. I'm having some insane leg issues, though, and the sciatic nerve in my right leg is incredibly tender. I think if this keeps up, I'm scheduling an appointment to see the female doctor at the walk-in clinic on Monday.

Other than that, we're trying not to do too much outside of the house today. I'd rather that DH and DS7 spend some quality time together, then DH and I will spend quality time together tonight and watch some Fringe. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.