Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. As usual I'm getting ready to leave for work. I have a couple of little things on my to do list when I get home.
-put clean dishes away
-scour bathroom sink and clean mirror
-sort through some more paperwork
-fix dinner, I'm fixing the spaghetti I planned on fixing last night but at the last minute DH called and when I told him I was just getting ready to start dinner he asked what I was fixing and said he would rather have that tomorrow night. I was going to fix meatless sauce and he wants meat. So I have hamburger thawing for spaghetti tonight.
-clean another storm window and put it up to get ready for plastic this weekend

That should do it for me. Hope everyone has a great day.

Cat

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
A sad start to my day. My Uncle Sid passed away yesterday afternoon. He was the only father my two cousins ever knew after their bio dad abandoned them. He was 87 and just quit his job a month ago when he got sick!! He learned to swim when he was 65 (after years and years of taking us to the beach) And he always kept his pockets full of change so that when he took his after-Sunday-dinner nap, it would fall out so we could find it and go down to the ice cream shop. He smoked smelly cigars and played poker every Friday night with the same guys for almost 50 years. He used to say he owned two racehorses back in the Bronx - Oish and Moish were their alleged names. He was a non-observant Jew who always told my grandmother how good her Easter 'chicken' tasted (wink-wink). Anyway, that was Sid and I thought I'd tell you about him. The last time I saw him, I told him that I loved him and I'm so glad I did. This was all very sudden. God rest his soul.

Today I've got to rearrange my schedule to go to Chicago and the funeral.
Drive the kids where they need to go
Work from 6p-6a

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that MaryCarney. It sounds like he was a wonderful person, thank you for sharing.

Work today for me, have to stop at the grocery to pick up the ingredients to make Macaroons. I'm going to a party saturday night and they requested them. I need to make at least 100, so I need to start early. Will be going home for lunch today, then tonight I need to vacuum and continue with laundry.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm up and getting ready for work. My lunch and after work to-do list includes:

-- unload/load dishwasher
-- vacuum bedroom
-- shred paperwork
-- put up laundry
-- pick up misc. junk in den and kitchen

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Mary so sorry for your loss

Today I have alot to do. have already loaded the dishwasher fed and cleaned up after the dogs and sweeped the hardwood floors. I am going to walk to the bank and the trust office to pay my hoa fees ugh. then its back home for more cleaning and laundry have a great day everyone

Reactions: MaryCarney

·
Registered
460 Posts
good morning...

today is my hohum day, I guess you could say. Yesterday I helped my bff & her family move & overdid it, so I now have a brace on my wrist :weeping: (which is making typing very interesting :dis:) & I am taking it somewhat easy today.

I will be doing laundry & cleaning up our bedroom, as well as taking care of some mail/business items. I may go over & get our vaccuum & broom (as I lent them to bff & family while they were cleaning & was too tired to grab them last night, when we grabbed dh's truck), but I will see how I'm feeling later. & later will figure out what's for dinner... have a good day ya'll!

Kim

ps... the good news is that I made banana bread Tuesday night... hehehe:fdance:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Late getting this out. Was at the docs today. Was a good news-bad news sort of thing. Good news is that they have a plan for dealing with my aneurysm/pain. Bad news is they gave us no time to plan for it. DHs work likes 2 wks notice before taking leave but my apt is next Tuesday.
Got the housework done. Kids got their school work and chores done. Just need to finish laundry and cook dinner.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh Mary I'm so sorry. Thank you for sharing Uncle Sid with us, I'm smiling and crying at the same time. Hugs and many many prayers.

Cat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts