Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I beat ya to it today Vanessa. I looked to see if you were online first besides looking for the thread,lol.

Quiet night, Riley didn't get us up to let him out and cat slept soundly too. Dog seems back to normal today and is out for his walk now. He couldn't walk very well last eve and really struggled with the stairs outside. He was raring to go for a walk this morn but had to wait until dh plowed the driveway.

Heading out this morn to do some grocery shopping. Once again our holiday will be celebrated early with family because everyone has other commitments. Ds and his girlfriend will arrive Sat and leave Sun and the rest of the family will be here Sunday for lunch, help us trim the tree & exchange gifts perhaps. :)

Snow-cat aka Daisy, is outside walking in the tracks the tractor made, won't she be surprised when the snow is deeper than she is tall. I probably should do some cleaning for the weekend but may put it off til tomorrow lol. A good day to cozy up with a good book. My main character is about to help solve the crime and get her heart broken once again by some younger man. Oh Aggie.

Not sure whats for dinner, I'll take a peek at the marked down meat at the market & decide.

Hope your day is filled with this recipe:

Holiday Recipe - Start with a heart full of love. Add warm friendship spiced with laughter and merriment. Season with joyful greetings and serve with loads of good cheer

Mouse:0
Strudels:0

Reactions: Sassyclass

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Today is going to be busy, busy, busy!

*Finish packing for our vacation. We leave early Saturday morning and won't come home until the 27th. I have been packing for over a month and am still not finished.

*Bake some poppy seed lemon bread, cookie and other goodies for the ride down there.

*Pick DS up from his exam.

*Print dinner reservation numbers, vacation itinerary, etc...

*Clean up the house.

*Go to my dad's to do our Christmas celebration, dinner and exchange gifts. My step-mom is making spaghetti for dinner. Yay! I don't have to cook!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good morning, ladies! Darlene, I'm glad you got us started! I started to get a headache yesterday afternoon at work, and it would have probably turned into a migraine immediately had I not downed 2 excedrins and 2 glasses of water. It subsided and I was able to enjoy caroling with my kids' church group. Then it started back up last night at bedtime. So I took an excedrin pm and prepared myself to be up in the night sick. You know when you just have that feeling? Well, it didn't happen! By the grace of God, I am upright this morning. Sure, I feel hungover, and the lights are still a little too bright today, but I'm currently functional! Hooray!!!

So, hoping that the headache stays away, I have things to do today! Work for me, but I am talking a long lunch and doing some more shopping (ugh). I really need to get it all finalized.

The best news is tonight we only have 1 activity!! HOORAY! DD1 has play practice after school, but will be done at 4:45. I'm thrilled about this, I'm so done with long nights away from home. We have been running this horrendous schedule since October, and I think we're ready for a break!

Alright, hope everyone has a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Have fun on your vacation Neeley! I am getting ready to go to the gym, then this afternoon I am helping on the lunch shift for the hospital Christmas dinner! Should be a great day!

Reactions: Neeley

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Hello ladies, I missed you all yesterday. Silly me, I started playing Jewel Quest II Solitaire and the next thing I knew it was 3am.:yikes: I was determined to get through one of the games and it took me hours. Man do I ever need to go back to work. All is back to normal today. My employer called yesterday and said they had something for me to pick up, went today and got a $200 Walmart gift card. :hurray: That should last awhile since I buy less and less from there. I was suppose to also pick up the free ham from DH employer, they were suppose to be delivered at 10 but at 1:30 they were still MIA. DH will just have to get it tonight when he goes in to work. I have pork chops thawed for dinner, and only have to do dishes and sweep kitchen floor. Hope you all enjoyed your day.

Cat

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
straightened up, made a batch of cookies, took a shower, went to yoga, had hot water tank reparied, went to the ups store again to mail a gift to an aunt oot, picked up dd from school, got her a happy meal, took her to a math program she does on thursdays, while she was there i did a bit of grocery shopping, picked her up, came home and unloaded dishwasher, ate a piece of stuffed sole i picked up for myself as dh is not home tonight, gave dd some chicken and OJ and now off to get her ready for bed and sit down with a nice glass of red!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Long day here for me - so it seems...I think I may be fighting a bug and I'm winning but not by much.

Today we called the gift basket company we used to order DF's parents gift from. We paid for 2 bottles of wine in the basket and only 1 was received. We wanted to nip it in the bud to make sure we weren't dinged for two and get caught up in playing the 'catch up' game all through the holidays. We called in and had them confirm via email and make note on our account that only 1 bottle was delivered and 1 bottle was to be charged only.

Then went out to the mall and did last minute gift shopping - how could I forget my godson! I feel horrible :( But I did find things for him and his family so hopefully the box will arrive in time. I plan to send tomorrow.

I still need to get one more item and then I can prep boxes. I need to make the one gift box - after I wrap presents, and box up another set of things for my cousin's wedding which I had to cancel on last minute.

I hope to take a nice hot shower for me and get to bed at a decent time...maybe play Wii in bed with DF or watch a movie together and just relax.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts