Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today will be very thrifty. We have a good six inches of snow or more. Not sure how much, but it's still coming down.

Dh didn't have to go to work, but poor ds did. He just has to do 1/2 day, since the other building he's supposed to go to is closed. Just praying he makes it home safely.

Today may be a soup and grilled cheese day.

Will piddle around the house and make some banana bread.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
more dishes w/ coupon dish soap
had an apple and a donut for breakfast. Clearance donut a that
cleaned the pantry in the kitchen
got the mail
going to do dishes and clean the kitchen more all day-yippee

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Had 2 go to grocery..Was about out of milk and with the storm comming wanted to be stocked up..Fixed Chicken yesterday so will be deboneing it and makeing a pot of soup and who knows what else..lol..Also going to bake a cake so if electric goes off wil will have things to eat for a few days..I have a gas stove so can lite it to cook on the top..even got the stove top coffee pot washed up and ready..lol..Finished up a saddle for the grave for St Patty day for late DH..Doing last load of laundry..If the electric stays on I have to take Brother-in law to be to Dr for lab test. It is at the hospital so would say they will still do it..

·
Registered
285 Posts
Free exercise - walked the two miles in to town
Free fresh air; free sea-views

Bought a lunch sandwich at my favourite bakery (a reward for the walking!) and caught the bus home - free to Oldies.
Lunch was a small bowl of home-made soup, and the sandwich.

This evening, I went training at a local climbing wall: neither MyLovelyMan nor I had the exact entry fee in change, so I paid for us both BUT on the way home, we stopped off at a supermarket to buy Friday evening's supper, and he paid for that, so I think I win, on the spending stakes.

Climbing training wasn't free, obviously, but it's relatively good value: you pay to use the climbing wall and, in principle, you could be there all day for the one entry fee (but when you run out of energy, there's nothing else to do - it's just a climbing wall venue).

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Today I worked out then went to the post office;meat shop for lunchmeat & cheese. Went to the thrift store & found a pretty plate for $1 & a metal water can for$2. Went home ate lunch cleaned in the kitchen. Did a load of laundry. Put away my snowman collection. Put spring knickknacks out. ( spring fever I guess!)lol made chicken tortills soup & banana bundt cake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts