Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. I'm getting ready to head out to work 12 hours. I'm taking some soup for lunch. It's a nasty rainy day here again. After work I'm coming home to watch the Cavs win game 2.:cheer4:

Cat

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
It's raining here today, makes for a gloomy day. I have to work until 2pm. Then come home, do some laundry, clean up, wait for my boys to get off the bus, then possibly go and find some cleats before soccer practice tonight...They have soccer practice for two hours so I am going to work out while they are doing that. Then home for baths and bed...oh and I need to fit dinner in there somewhere...but it's leftovers so easy to reheat...

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
well leftovers for me too 16 yr old last night made spicy rigatoni. his favourite.
Plus i wont be using my vacumn todayfor quick pick ups, only dry swiffer(less elec.)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Another rainy/gloomy day here too. I'm achey all over from the damp weather. My arm was really in pain last night while I was trying to :rest:. The rain was sooooo loud hammering on the a/c unit in my window. Not a good night for sleeping. Maybe I see a nap in my future :crystalball:

Lauren was so excited with the pj's I sewed for her yesterday and asked that I make another pair today. I think I've created a monster. It's nice though :) I need to trace a size bigger though because I'll be lucky if the pair I made for her yesterday lasts 2 mos.

She's already picked out the fabric too. I might work on those today or maybe I'll make the pair of coordinating shorts for the pair I made yesterday (I made a s/s top and long pants yesterday; I want to make shorts for when it gets hot this summer).

Need to do the usual cleaning: vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, changing the litter box, and vacuuming in particular.

Lauren has an orthodontist appt this afternoon after school, and we're both hoping he'll tell us that she doesn't need to wear her retainer any more.

Have a good day everyoone :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
At work till 4:30. Then going home to do laundry, collect and price things for community yard sale we are having next weekend and then relaxing!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I have to work this afternoon from 2-7. I'll get my morning routine done and that's about it. Leftovers or sandwiches for dinner tonight.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Gloomy here too. Going out garage saling again like every thurs. Dinner may be spaghetti. Got to get 2 doggs in for heartworm tests as I am late w/ that and the mosquitos just hatched w/ a vengence. i should get an oil change on the vanas I am late on that too! Have a bunch of canning jars i bought last week I ought to pack up too.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I packed up several orders and need to take one to FedEx, make deposit at the bank on the way and then come home and break up and vacuum seal 6 BIG packages of meat I bought at the grocery store yesterday. It was all reduced for quick sale and great prices.

Now that I have a generator I don't have to worry about losing everything in the freezer if we have a power outage. In the past, I would start using up everything in the freezer because hurricane season would be starting soon. So the freezer is now officially FULL.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I plan on doing some cleaning up. It's not too horrible, but it's getting there, since I didn't do any cleaning yesterday at all.

Plus, with the back yard recently tilled up, the dogs went through the mud last night and tracked big brown dog prints all over the white carpet! So, I hope to get the carpet shampoo'd today.

Hope to make a few more purses today. I came up with my own easy pattern yesterday, and I can whip cute handbags together in about a half an hour with this pattern. So I made 3 yesterday, and hope to make maybe 5 more or so today! Gotta get ready for my show in July, and the more I get done before the kids get out of school for the summer, the better!

I have some fences to work on too for my show, so I think I will be heading to the craft store today for some birdhouses and other accessories that will look cute on them!

Other than that, should be a quiet day. It rained all night, but we've hit a temporary sunny patch, so I think I will walk DH to school this morning. But the rain will be coming back in later today, so I'll have to pick him up this afternoon!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
It's raining & dreary here too. Not much going on today. I'm feeling better than I expected after my root canal yesterday. Just a little bit of a sore throat/neck. My plans today include:

~finish up the laundry
~wash breakfast dishes
~knit
~take boys to Lego Club (maybe)
~pick up the girls
~take dd16 to the SPCA/pick her up an hour later
~make dinner
~go to Knit Night

·
Registered
459 Posts
Good morning everyone.
DD and I got up early went for a walk in the rain
Saw DH and DD off
Walking to work
working 12-8 bringing my lunch to work
got supper in the crock pot Beans, sausage, potato's and onions.
planning to have a no spend day

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
It drippy and gloomy here too.

I"ll be working on cataloging books for the flea market Sunday today, cooking dinner, baking, and doing general clean up. If I really get my act together, I could use to go to the craft or fabric store, but that's optional at this point!

Judi

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It is beautiful here, sunny and near 80*.I got up, did the morning routine,my workout, and the linens. Got a few new outfits via UPS for our trip to California. I was excited because since I have been lifting weights my weight is the same, but I have dropped a whole clothing size! I took my car to have it serviced and cleaned. I also worked more on my flowerbeds. Cleaned a few more windows. Getting ready to meet a friend for a bit of tennis. Tonight we are going to an end of the school year program. We can tour the classrooms, attend a play, and they are doing a chili or taco supper. Should be fun. Hope you are having a good day. It sure has been a nice one here!!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm getting a very late start on my list for today but here goes:

~ Grade 4 final papers for class and post grades
~ Clean up odds/ends in living room
~ Vaccum living room
~ Wipe down the bathroom
~ Two loads of laundry
~ Sterilize bottles, pump components, etc.
~ News releases for work
~ Clean/wipe down kitchen counters
~ Clean off desk and shred or file papers
~ Make my "to do" list for Friday!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Turned out better than I thought although it did rain on and off. Went to G.sales and got.;
2 new pairs of gym shoes for $6.00 each.
Got 8 new dish towels for .50 nwt
2 4" thick cookbooks for 3.00 ea.
xl red sweater-$2.00
4 sewing pattern-.25 ea.
2 tops xl- $2.00
Reebok resistance tube level 2 NIB-$5.00
4 paring knives 2 free/2 for $1.00= $1.00
total=$35.00 The resistance tube alone was $14.99 retail and $50.00 alone in patterns. Not too shabby

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Moved the furniture around and dusted and vacumed the living room, mopped the floors.
washed the living room windows.
Made tacos for dinner.
Having my evening coffee.
Girls are at friends
hubby is working on a clock.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Today I am:
Getting back on track after a 'double back' shift yesterday (you other nurses know what I mean)
Teaching a Biology dissection lab to our homeschool teen group
Picnic with the above mentioned group and their families
Working 5p-10p with a home-care client
Giving a Lupron injection to another home-care client
Late night grocery shopping
Working on June's budget
Secretly setting up the Tracphone I bought my husband to give to him tomorrow
Watching my DVR episode of 'The First 48'
Hope to get back to my bed by midnight or so-wish me luck!!!

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I need to work all day so not much will be getting done around the house.

I already feed the kids got my lunch ready. HI-HO off to work I go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts