Frugal Village Forums banner

Thrifty Thursday July 22, 2010

736 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Neeley 
#1 ·
What does your thrifty Thursday look like?

Mine started with an investment in mental and physical health when I had a massage first thing this morning. Then I went to the pool to exercise and relax. Now I am back to reality!!

Need to do 2 loads of laundry
Clean up the office side of the sunroom
Work on monthly finances
Write real letters to friends
Finish packing box for DD
Sew microwave mini potholders

Have a great Thursday everyone!!

#2 ·
16 yo needs 4 books for summer reading honors class
found one he can read online
found 2 at paperback swap
went to BN - they were out but ordered for us .

i used a BN gift card to pick up a really neat 17 month calander / date book / organizer for moms to organize with
has both monthly- weekly areas - each week has an area for things to remember to do and also has an area for a menu for dinner each day .

made dinner at home
made a cake using the 75% off pilsbury cake mix and icing that i got at targets post christmas store .

#3 ·
So the first thing I finished was not even on this list!!

I transplanted all but two of my seedlings and moved all of my plants to the backyard!! For some reason that has left me a little tired - it may have been from carrying everything up and down stairs - but a few minutes of rest - perhpas some lunch and I shall be good to go again!!

#4 ·
I paid bills and created a small budget for back to school shopping. Made some appointments for next week on my day off. We went and helped out a friend with some yard work and they bought us pizza as a thank you. :D So, no money spent (besides bills) and we had dinner "out" lol

#5 ·
DS: 7am football weightlifting/workout

DD: 8:30 am went to pick up transcript from the Chemistry class she took over the summer but it wasn't ready. (She got an A and can now take AP Chemistry this school year - yay!!!)

DD: 9am stopped by the high school to meet the new principal. Also, met with the activities director because she has to write a welcome letter to the student body to go in the handbook.

DD: 3pm picked up her BFF and went to DD's last volleyball game for the summer league.

DD and BFF: 6:30 pm dropped them off @ minor league baseball game so they could have a little fun.

In between picking up and dropping off everyone I took a nap, DH and I went to the grocery store and finally we cooked some dinner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.