Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Kids :cowwave:

Thought I'd get this thread started for today seeing that I've been up since 3 something AM to drive DF into work early for a special project he's working on. Being up that early, I took advantage of the quiet time w/o dad chiming in with sudden 'needs' if you KWIM ;)

Already Done
* treated myself to a coffee and breakky samich out which I picked up on my drive back home (sent him in with extra food besides his breakky, lunch & thermos of coffee)
* tossed laundry in (before the rates jump back up at 7am) - I'm about halfway done! :D
* set the Roomba out early
* did the dishwasher thing
* cleaned the bathroom
*picked up the living room
* made the bed

Still To Do
* return beer bottle empties and pocket the change for a 'rainy day' ;) and um pick up more beer for DF
* gas up DF's truck
* take dad to buy a new pot (not sure whats wrong with the others in the cupboard that will not work?)
* watch some shows I've PVR'ed - me QT time?
* pay bills online
* try to go to the gym - not sure how my knee is feeling
* squeeze in a nap or I'll be done come 6pm :lol:
* lastly, fart around on the web googling wedding ideas

What does your day look like? Hope its a great one :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good morning,
I was up early today, too, but not THAT early, Libby! Ick!! Today is my scheduled day off, and I'm usually thrilled beyond words. Except there's so much going on in my life that it would almost be easier to just go to work today! lol

DH was living in a really crappy apartment for the past 6 months, and he put up with it because it "was cheap". I kept telling him he was depressed and he would have a better feeling about the move if he would just find a new apartment, even if it cost $100 more per month. Well, he finally took me up on it and found a new apartment yesterday. I'm so happy for him! Now he has to drive his $3.69/gallon diesel hog pig back to move his stuff this weekend. Ack, that's gonna be an ugly bill! Time to get rid of that pickup, which is a thorn in my side. Necessary evil for wood and hunting, but we definitely don't need a diesel for that.

I am going to call a gal that is looking for an office manager today. I have agonized over this for the past 4 days, but as my co-worker says, it should be all about me and nobody else. I didn't go out looking for another job, it just fell in my lap. And what have I got to lose, right?

I need to clean this house again. It's not filthy, it's just cluttered. Laundry is going to get started shortly, and I am thinking of running into town to look at the Ford Fiesta. Cheap and gets good gas mileage. We shall see!!

Have a great day, all!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Oh what a day! I can't believe how fast the weeks are flying by now that we aren't get our daily dose of blizzards!

So far --

Assembled the lasagna in the crockpot for OldMan to turn on later
Sent the money to the CU to pay off OldMan's car
Balanced budget
Packed up a bag for OldMan to donate when he brings our cat to the farm
Got Diva up, dressed and off to school
Had a meeting with the Principal
Had a meeting with the teacher
Drove to Ex's house and got him fed
Cleared ex's house from 'last nights stuff'
stripped his bed and got his laundry started

and it's not even 9 yet! :cheer4:

I still need to
make/serve lunch & dinner for the ex
swap over his laundry
vacuum his rooms
work in the office a few hours
pick-up Diva from school
help her with her homework and science fair project
GO HOME
make/bake breadsticks to go with dinner
tidy kitchen
gather laundry and hope the machines are free
go to bed because it's been a long long day :lol:

·
Registered
173 Posts
So far I haven't gotten too much done. The laundry is started, the dogs are fed, and the kids have gotten started on their homeschooling. Now I have to get the dishes put away, run the vac, and make the grocery list because we seem to be out of everything.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
threw dinner in CP, straightened kitchen, got dd off to school, threw in a load of laundry. put away a basket of folded laundry. went to a 75 minute yoga class. showered and soon off to p/u dd at school for ortho appt. then out to dindin w/ the grils.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Hi girls. I'm not doing much today. DH is sleeping and I don't want to wake him up. I have a load of clothes to fold, I could do this now but don't wanna. I need to put dishes away. Later it will be fix dinner, do dishes again, sweep kitchen, fold that load of clothes, and wait for the snow to hit. Lady_V I hope this storm stays away from your area. We are in NE Ohio and they are predicting up to 8 inches tonight and more tomorrow. Our area has been lucky so far this year so I hope the luck hasn't ran out.
Have a good day everyone.

Cat

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Today was sunny and cool,felt like spring in the air.I heard spring peepers when I stepped out the back door last night, that is always a good sign.Went to the gym, did linens and pet chores, gassed up the car and the mule, went to help at the church clothes closet. Paid bills. Made tortillas for tomorrow.Fixed supper, now getting ready to relax before early bed. Hope you all had a good day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.