Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone start this thread? I didn't see one so took liberty(sorry if that's not okay)

Today making pizza instead of spending 40 bucks and ordering....Kevin taking his lunch everyday and not buying coffee from Tim Hortons. Sophie's had a rough day...anxiety and other issues are bothering her this week since Kevin went back to work...hoping and praying she gets into a zone where she is comfortable...Have a great Thanksgiving next week my US friends!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Off work today so I went to the meat shop & got some ground turkey & ground beef. Made 2 loaves of zuccini bread. Went. For a walk w/dh & dog (another nice day)! Made chicken enchiladas for dinner. Now relaxing.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Can anyone start this thread? I didn't see one so took liberty(sorry if that's not okay)
Yep, anybody can start a thread... glad you did, so I wouldn't be on here talking to myself. :) Sorry to hear about your little girl, it's so hard when they are off-balance. Hopefully she'll be able to adjust to the new routine soon. Hang in there, 'mama!

As for my Thrifty Thursday... I tried, I did... today I bought 1 stamp ($.45), a package of ramen noodles, because I was craving them with the cold, grey weather ($.20) and a tank of gas ($3.17/gal combining a $.10 grocery store discount with a 5 cent "Thursday" discount. It's so sad when that feels like a good deal.

I ended up going to the gas station THREE times today. Why? Because I went to the Shell station on fumes to fill up (a whole week on one tank! It's a record for me! Of course, we drove the other car a lot, but still...) and they lost power just before I got there. (could have been worse, could have been like the other guy, who was mid-fill-up and they wouldn't let him leave until the power came on so they could charge him...) So then I had to find another station before I ran out... but they were more expensive, so I got 2 gallons to be sure I'd be fine until later, then went back to the first station later after the power came on to do what I meant to in the first place.

While I was getting my ramen (grocery is next to the post office), I trolled the grocery store for any great clearances, but didn't find anything impressive enough to buy (we're well stocked, but I'm always open to good deals...)

Breakfast-skipped, wasn't feeling it...
Lunch- planned leftover spaghetti, bought ramen instead
commute snack for the kids- micro-popped popcorn from my stash at the office.
Dinner- meatloaf from the freezer, mashed potatoes, peas

Payday, bills paid, progress made, "broke" again! teehee...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love a good ramen treat myself...here it is 99 cents for one...swear it was 35 cent a package 2 years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts