Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, it's been a long time since I've been here. I'm off work today because I had a dentist appointment early this morning. That only took about an hour. Then it was off to Goodwill for some work jeans. Then across the street to get my hair cut. I can't do much else the rest of the day since DH is sleeping. I have a pork roast out for dinner. It's a beautiful day here and I just may go sit in the swing on the front porch and enjoy the sunshine. Hope you all have a great day.

Cat

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hello!

This is my not so thrifty day unfortunately.. Took my van in to have it checked over... needs some major repairs ~ & no not stuff I'm willing to do myself! Which will be about $1000 (thank God for EMERGENCY FUNDS right?!). :umbrella: Instead of having to wait up there all day, my dh reminded me he didn't have to go into work til 10 & he could just follow me up there & I could take him to work in his car & then come back & get him tonight when he gets off... that way I wouldn't be stuck up at the mechanic's all day! :cheer4: Then ran to Target & picked up a few items, dropped off mail at post office, still need to go to bank & deposit a check, but will do that later!

Playing on line & then will gather up some things to take to Goodwill :dance: (ready to get this stuff outta my house)!!! Doing laundry & cleaning our master bedroom! Finally found my box of "cards" that I was panicking b/c I couldn't find them (has sympathy, Christmas, birthday cards, etc) & was wondering if someone (DH) threw them out... Also will be organizing more of my office area as it looks as if a bomb went off in here! We'll be having sloppy joes tonight & no extra kids other than our own!!! :thumb::relieved:

Hope ya'll have an awesome day!!!

Kim

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
CVS is having a 2/$4 sale on canned salmon. So picked up six cans for the stockpile. Was also able to pick up cat litter so now have enough until early spring. Just trying to get the winter stockpile ready. With no car it just makes life easier to have a good stockpile for the winter.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Taking it easy today - went to pick up a friend's mail while they away and have been watching The Good Wife from the PVR. I have about 6 episodes saved. I know they're on season 2 or 3 but the station here is airing it from Season 1. So far, I'm loving this show!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts