Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I'm off to get dd's car windshield repaired at a store that wants my business and gave me a great price to boot.:D Too bad it's an hour away & in the worst traffic around. Going to spend a bookstore gift cert. I got for my b'day back in Nov. Never usually shop in the crazy city of Albany.

Tonight is dd's last instrumental concert. I know I am going to ball my eyes out when the band director talks about my baby. Before the last number he calls a seniors name,they stand and he talks about how that student has touched his life, what they have accomplished during their high school career & what he thinks of them . Over the years I have gotten all teary eyed when he has talked about other peoples kids now it's my dd he'll be talking about.
Haven't been getting much sleep as I think about all the upcoming changes in her/our life. Roots and wings. You Mom's who have had your kids graduate know how emotional all this stuff is. I'm happy and sad at the same time. :loop:

Leftovers for dinner. Have a great day my friends.:)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Good morning Darlene. Your post made me teary-eyed too.

Today is our monthly "mommy" meeting with my church friends. We're going to meet at a local park. I made a Jewish Apple Cake to take along :chef: YUMMY! It smells wonderful!

Off to work at 5:00 for me. Have a wonderful day!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Morning ladies!Well at my amazement I woke up to sunshine this morning,its slowly fading away behind clouds but after last nights storms it was nice to see.So far today I've made my PS resses for the whispering canyon cafe @Disney world(yes Iam obsessed)lol,did dishes,1 load of laundry.Still to do......

Make beds
Pilates tape
Lift weights
Sweep kitchen
vaccum house
take out trash
make grocery lists
cook dinner
bleach whites

BF-eggs,toast,milk
Lunch-(me)salad,(kids)fish sticks,peas,fruit
Dinner-meatloaf,mac and cheese,green beans

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
It is a dreary day here. Today my ds1 has a track meet. I hope that it doesn't rain because I really enjoy watching the kids in their sports. I have to go to the grocery store sometime today, and my dh is taking ds1 to the orthodontist this morning. Then I guess I should clean the bathrooms. I hate that job. Have a good day everyone.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Good morning Ladies !!!!!!! Darlene you made me teary too ....:cry: I'm going out on the job hunt again today..... Wish me luck ! I hope you all have a great day !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Darlene, I know I would cry too. I have not had the pleasure/pain of one finishing school and embarking on life. But when it happens, watch out for the fountains. Just remember the journey that has gotten them to this place in their lives and the wonderful things that are yet to come.
Jeanna

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good Morning! The sun is out here, but we have more clouds moving in. :( Gosh, we just want enough time to mow our grass. I'm starting to feel embarassed :toothy: lol

Not much going on here. I go back to work after my weekend. But, I'm feeling pretty good today, so hopefully it'll go by pretty fast.

Have a great day!!! :smball: :smball:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Today is one of the saddest days for me:( My DD called to let me know that Sunday she is moving across country & tonight after work she's bringing me her cat to keep. I'm just shocked & my heart is so filled with different emotions, all I could do when she told me was cry. I worry about her but not much because I know she can take care of herself but being sooooooo far away from home I'm going to do nothing but constantly worry about her. She's 18 & she has always wanted to move away but I thought that would just be a thought of hers nothing that she would actually do. I'm sorry for the long post, normally I don't post personal things but I'm just still in shock over this. Since my mom passed away we have been the only family who keeps intouch & she's always online when she's not working so I know she's close by & safe but living where she wants I don't know anything about & it's more than half way across the U.S. & that's just too far for my babygirl to be moving. I will never stop worrying about how my D is living sooooo far away from home:(
Thanks for listening.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh Summercat I am sending you a humongous hug.:hugz:
My crying over my dd's graduating seems so small in comparison to this. I'll be thinking of you.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Thanks Darlene, I hope you enjoy your DD's graduation & give her lots of hugs, that is such a special time in life:)
I only get to see her for a few minutes tonight. I am going to try & see her off the day she leaves but not sure if I'll beable to because neither one of us has a car. I'm keeping both her cat & kitten & the kitten is named after my youngest DD {Sara}who we haven't seen in 4 yrs. so now both my girls are gone {in different ways, but still not close to home}.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts