Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking in with everyone. What's going on in your neck of the woods today? (I sound like Al Roker, don't I?:lol: )

For me it's going to be a fairly busy day.

~workout (walk? ride my bike?)
~more laundry
~straighten up house (never quite got it all done yesterday)
~pick up a brisket at store, along with a couple of other things
~make an oreo cake for a party I'm going to tomorrow
~make some calls for dad's b.d. party
~shower/hair/makeup/clothes
~be here for pool man to do a quick repair
~nail appt. this afternoon
~pay a couple of bills
~pay a couple of dads bills
~order his meds from the VA
~something easy for dinner (and light prob. a salad something or other)

Hope you all are having a frugal, fun day. :wall:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I don't have much planned for today. I have a really bad toothache:weeping: :tache: so I am just taking it slow and easy today. I will try to get something tossed into the crockpot for DH for supper tonight. I had planned originally to try to get my living room carpeting cleaned today but I don't really feel up to it so hopefully Monday when I am off again I will get it and my office and bedroom done.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. :hugz:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Awww Katy hope you get some relief for that tooth, I know how bad that can be.

And if I could I'd be sneaking down to Prarierose's place and jumping in her pool for the day, it's gonna be another bad one here today with the heat and humidity. bleah

So far I've:

Hayed the critters
fed and run the house dogs
had my coffee
started laundry

going to:

sweep
hang laundry
dishes
kick hubby out to work (working 1:30-10:30 today so all the evening chores will be on me today)
pack hubs lunch

and probably be a house veg most of the day, we don't have A/C and it's been just HORRID here in Ohio.

kj

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Today:

Dh has to go to Tennessee to work tonight until Mon., so I need to go to the store and get him some stuff to take. Might buy dd another Webkinz, just for being so good lately. Then home to swim in the pool, until the storms start!

Katy, hope your tooth starts to feel better, I have one that acts up now and then, no fun!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I dont have much planned for today either, I just have a little bit of straightening up to do, make the bed, etc...

I do have to go pay the water bill when DH get's home at like 2:30pm but other than that, nothing else to do besides heat up dinner.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Not much going on here either...but a swim in prairieroses pool would be great. :

Just a bit of cleaning and maybe some cooking since will be 77 here today. Cutting up some fruit and veggies for weekend and party I am going to on Sunday. Other than that no plans! WOW! first day ever I think!

Hope ya'll have great day!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
More cleaning and laundry for me. :) At 12:30 I need to pick up oldest DS from football practice. Other than that, not much going on. The in-laws arrive today so the evening will be spent sitting and chatting.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
It is soooo stinkin humid!!!...gonna try to stay in the air and do as little as possible today...I have laundry(always) to do... and I want to put smoked sausage and potatoes in the crockpot...maybe if I feel like going outside , I'll go for a dip in the pool , the water is 90 degrees :eek: not very refreshing!!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
:coffee: Good morning!

Katy, I hope you feel better soon. Mouth pain, IMO, is the WORST!! :hugz:

Today is all about getting the laundry done. I have no other chores really, aside from the clutter control and general every day picking up of stuff. It's not as hot/humid today as it has been. I think the kids & I will spend some time outside ...them in their pool & me in the shade knitting :toothy:

I have to get dinner in the crockpot in a little while too.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Fed the chickens & dogs, let them both out.
did a load of laundry hung to dry
dinner in the crockpot
got dh a lunch and off to work

going to work on some of my business stuff I've put off all week, got some items to assmeble and send out.
some house cleaning/straightening
Iron dh's shirts

nothing else pressing, probably play it by ear today. Its supposed to be sunny and low 90s here. Sounds like a nice day.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
It is extrememly hot and humids here today!!
Need to:
vaccumn the house
clean bathrooms
clean up kitchen
laundry
get into the garden and pick beans (I have been putting this off because of the heat and wetness
make beds
take son to soccer practice
vaccumn the pool

As you can tell I have a lot to do, but here I am on the computer, I get to get moving

I want to get into the pool too.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
It is going to be another hot day here, 99 degrees! Not much on the agenda today. DS#2 has midnight madness tonight, so sometime today we will get some rest in. Midnight madness is a "big deal" here. The football team wants to be the first team in the state in pads, so they have a big practice at midnight tonight! Alot of people in the community come out to show their support for the players. Vendors give away ice cream, pizza, team tshirts, etc. Of course we are going.

Also have laundry to do and I also need to dig out our stadium chairs from the shed. I want something comfortable to sit in while in the bleachers.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Busy morning here today
*study for meeting
*took out bread & hamburger for dinner tonight
*took meds
*had breakfast
*done dishes
*cleaned kitchen
*check out new boards
*make some trades
*listen to meeting
*done daily reading
*$27.25 check from survey is in bank
*added chech to checkbook
*got paid $2.00 in paypal for survey
*checkout ebay
*do weekly challenge on pogo
*do some research
*make dinner
*checkout freebies
*read another magazine
*go through coupons
*fold basket of laundry
*check out floor lamps {need a new one for the livingroom}

·
Registered
125 Posts
It is really rainy and cool here today! In the 70's still at 1:30! Unbelievable. We've had rain for days and it has been so great for everything outside. I will have a ton of weeds to pull once it dries up out there!

Today:

Pancakes for breakfast
Leftover spaghetti for lunch
Dinner at Mom's

Go to post office to mail out books for paperbackswap
Sweep kitchen
unload dishwasher
One load laundry -- fold clothes from yesterday and put away
vacuum living room and hallway
wash pots and pans
water plants inside
send out encouragement cards to friends

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
...and probably be a house veg most of the day, we don't have A/C and it's been just HORRID here in Ohio. kj
Yes it IS and please keep it there! :lol: We actually had an overcast day and w/o the humidity it just feels cold - weird I know :laugh:

Today, now that Im home from work:

* eat dinner - its cooking as I relax here at the village :tay:
* pack my lunch for tmrw
* clean up kitchen
* a quick pick up and bathroom maintenance clean
* handwash a few handwash only items
* lay out my outfit for tmrw
* pack my school bag for tmrw
* pack up alot of the excess roma/plum tomatoes and bionic cuc's for my sisters and head over to visit
* head over to bf's after my sisters to surprise him and hopefully cheer him up - hes had such a rotten day that words just cant describe

Hopefully thats all I can fit in before its time for me to leave! :) Have a wonderful evening ladies!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts