Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Have never heard of her Palooka - but with all the enthusiasm you've generated I am going to watch the show and check out those sites too!!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Have never heard of her Palooka - but with all the enthusiasm you've generated I am going to watch the show and check out those sites too!!
She has a great blog MM. Lots of great recipes and beautiful pictures.

I am definitely going to have to watch this!

Thanks for letting us know Palooka!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Oh yes, she has a very nice blog. I love her pictures of life on the ranch. Wonderful reading.
I am looking forward to seeing her against Bobby.
"GO REE"

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:bump:

Just a reminder to set your DVR's for tomorrow night.

Reactions: Labontet

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Ok, I watched this last night to the point where Bobby and Ree were tasting each other's food. Man, all of the food looked fantastic. I also liked seeing Ree's ranch and all. So, I fell asleep and didn't see who won the throwdown! I am guessing it was Ree, but can anyone fill me in on the ending please? Thanks much!

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
I only saw the first 15 minutes or so and it was all Bobby talking about his sad culinary skills. Bleah.

It's supposed to air again in a couple of days, check your listings.

I wish they'd list the recipes for these shows.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I am guessing it was Ree, but can anyone fill me in on the ending please? Thanks much!

Yes she won...... The judges Trisha Yearwood and some guy said it was really close (as usual), but she won... I DVR'd it and watched it at like 1am..

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I knew Ree was going to win when Bobby shared his menu. yuck. I mean no mashed potatoes? :yikes: I just thought her food looked and sounded better. I mean you can put a ton of stuff on brussel sprouts to try to make them taste better but....:puke: :yucky:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yeah, no mashed potatoes was a mistake. I liked his brussel sprouts up until he put pomagranet seeds in them.... It was cool seeing her ranch and her family and such. I do love her blog and she is going to go through the roof now....

·
Registered
540 Posts
I knew Ree was going to win when Bobby shared his menu. yuck. I mean no mashed potatoes? :yikes: I just thought her food looked and sounded better. I mean you can put a ton of stuff on brussel sprouts to try to make them taste better but....:puke: :yucky:
:applause::applause::applause::applause:

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I must the odd ball. I don't see the point in mashed potatoes. We do sweet potatoes an why serve two types of potatoes especially when you eat mashed potatoes all the time.

And His Brussel sprouts sounded heavenly to me.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Because potatoes rock. :hungry: :D

·
19,119 Posts
I forgot to watch it!! Okay - shall try to catch it the second time around!!

·
19,119 Posts
Yup yup yup - just woke up from a Saturday afternoon nap and checked the TV lisitng - the throwdown is in 30 minutes!! Somedays it all comes together!!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yup yup yup - just woke up from a Saturday afternoon nap and checked the TV lisitng - the throwdown is in 30 minutes!! Somedays it all comes together!!
So did you watch it and what did ya think? :)

·
19,119 Posts
I watched it and thought it was typical of his throwdown shows. Ree was interesting and I've been checking out her site - she seems like such a real person - glad I found out about her, but would have loved to have seen more of her ranch and other things that she does. Perhaps one day she'll have her own show - straight from Oklahoma!!

I may try his recipe for brussel sprouts - those look really good.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MM said:
I may try his recipe for brussel sprouts - those look really good.
I think way less of you now.

Kidding. :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts