Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever made or heard of a tie blanket?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Are you talking about the ones made of fleece? If so, I've made lots of these, they are really easy to make and people love them, very soft and cuddly. Here is a link to the directions from Joann's. It's a quick project and can be done very inexpensively. Fleece is on sale a lot at Hancock Fabrics and Joann Fabrics. You will probably have to cut and paste the link into your browser, it's a long one! Have fun!

http://www.joanns.com/content/projects/projectsDisplay.jhtml;$sessionid$24TXVRIAAB3H0P4SY5LRIHR50LD3UEPO?articlePath=%2Fcontent%2Fprojects%2Fstatic%2Fnew%2Fno_sew_fleece_blanket.jhtml&CATID=25292

·
Registered
547 Posts
Or are you referring to a quilt and instead of sewing it together you tie it?

Either one, fleece above or this won are fun to make.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have only heard of the fleece ones just yesterday actually I think they are so cute and easy

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i was so confused, i thought you meant made of ties...like men's neck ties. i I was trying to figure how to compensate for angles etc. :laugh:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made my first one lastnight how fun and so cute.
I am not a crafty person but I really feel like I accomplished something by making it

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I made one for my neice but dd saw it and wouldn't let it go so I ended up making another one.LOL

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
i was so confused, i thought you meant made of ties...like men's neck ties. i I was trying to figure how to compensate for angles etc. :laugh:
I've seen tie skirts before!

I always thought they were really neat, but it would take a lot of effort.

As for blankets, I've seen both the fleece ones where you tie knots on the ends of the blanket and I've seen tied quilts. Both are very neat and a great way to cut down on excess.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
that skirt is cute!!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I've seen tie skirts before!

I always thought they were really neat, but it would take a lot of effort.
Nevermind the effort... I don't want to think about how MANY I would need to cover my butt!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Nevermind the effort... I don't want to think about how MANY I would need to cover my butt!!!! :eek:
LOL, that way my exact thought too. I would have to use entirely too many of ties to make my skirt :).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts