Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!

It's cold again. Currently sitting at -10 without the wind chill. I sucked it up and went and started a fire this morning. It's just best to get back in that routine! The ultimate motivation? My heat and power bill came yesterday, and it was over $100 less than what I thought it would be! Woo-Hoo!!!

Today is work. As usual. Thankful for my job, though. We had orthodontist appointments yesterday, and the coming bill for oldest dd is $5,350. OUCH! Is it cheap to shop around? That seems really high, imo. I think I may do that over my lunch break.

Tonight dh is coming home for the rest of the week. YAY! It worked out that he will have meetings all week, so we get big man at home! Our only activity tonight is bball practice for oldest dd. She had such an awesome basketball tournament weekend, I was so proud of her! Her coach didn't notice, but we sure did, and she is feeling very good about it all. So we'll see if she wants me to stay for practice. Dad will be there on Thursday to stay for the practice, and he's AMAZING at basketball.

Alright, done rambling. Time to round up the troops and wrestle them from their den of blankets!

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
156 Posts
Good morning!

Today I will be working from home. DBF will be working late tonight as they have a deadline today, so I will have a nice long day to be productive!

In addition to being productive (work-wise), I need to get a good workout in (min. 60 min cardio/weights). I also want to finish up the laundry (last load is in the dryer) and put everything away. And, if time permits....clean the refrigerator and vacuum the bedroom.

Oh, I also need to prepare for my 2 hour "final interview" tomorrow. eek...this is for the job I REALLY want...so I need to be focused and feel good!

Have a great Tuesday, everybody!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Snow, snow, everywhere snow here! Our neighbor got up and bladed the driveway off for us, I made some bacon and eggs to share with him! Glad to have good friends! I have finished pet chores, finished some laundry and stoked the fireplaces. No school here today so going to visit with the kiddos and go sledding, snowball fighting and igloo building! Should be a fun day. Have a good one!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
only went to a couple of shops today. i limited my self though. its tough

·
Registered
128 Posts
Paid gig for me today. They are forecasting 3-5 inches of snow overnight for us, but I'm in central NY so that's not an awful lot.

Tonight dh has to get his allergy shot and go to fire training. I have nothing after work except pick up Ds11 from ski club at 8:45. Glad I don't have to get out of the car 'cuz I'll be in my jammies long before then!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Did nothing today - trying reverse psychology. I'm still trying to get used to being home w/o 'needing' to do things.

I'll fold laundry later after I pick up. I spent am watching tv (clearing off PVR) and sipping on my hot coffee and tea. Had lunch while watching more tv :D I did manage to get the cable bill down from just shy of $200 to just under $20 though :cheergrl: Only the heavens know what DF will 'want' to do and move today after we get home ... ugh. Dinner is simple and from the freezer - crockpot chili :)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Good Afternoon I'm home today watching it snow made some ranch pretzels.Waiting for the garbage man to drop off a new can ours is cracked they did it! Need to make dinner soon. I shoveled earlier, son will later.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Brrrr...it's really cold here too! (To be expected since this is Canada!)

It was supposed to storm this afternoon but it didn't. However in the past 45 minutes we have gotten nearly two inches of snow. I think tomorrow morning will be a winter wonderland.

I MADE IT THROUGH A DAY WITH NO SPENDING!!! Hooray - it has been a long time since I have managed that.

I got up early and got some chores done and then made my lunch and went to work. My back is killing me again - I contorted myself strangely and hurt myself last night. I'm recovering from a couple of herniated discs, so this really bites - I was feeling so much better.

Hope everyone is snug and warm tonight!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Snow Day!! Well sorta, I get to work from home.

Worked
Caught up laundry
Cleaned closet-woohoo!! I been wanting to do this
Cleaned off desk
Made crock-pot potato soup(Really hit the spot on a cold snowy day)
No Spend day

That is about it.. Have a great day all!!

·
27,948 Posts
I feel like a broken record so haven't posted here in a few days.
Had a trip out of the house today. My foot surgery has me needing to buy all new footwear (foot is wider & I want no pain) & I started today with a new pair of sneakers. Hubby didn't realize I planned ahead & asked and luckily received a gc to a nearby shoe store (thanks Mark) all we had to pay was sales tax.
I was looking for a pair of winter boots too but the pickings are slim this time of year and I walked away empty on that. Was funny, the sneakers I did end up with (Nike)are almost exactly like the ones I wore out. If they last as long and end up having as many miles as they did, I am golden. I put mega miles on the other pair :thumb:
Splurged on buying a steak at Bj's while we were out and picked up a few other things. So it was a spendy day but it wasn't. Good buys all the way around.
Relaxing now with some sipping whiskey and hoping you all have a relaxing evening too. Life is good.;)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
laundry, kitchen cleaned, bathrooms disinfected, all doorknobs and remotes disinfected, great yoga class this AM, was not frugal today though, got a fabulous haircut for $85 w/ tip...well worth it though....very happy...smiles....grocery as the snow storm is hitting here, dicks for ski socks for the fam, laundry (again..still more to do) made dinner, gave dd a shower as she hurt her hand today, made plans for a playdate for dd tomorrow after school (or during day if school is cancelled), now, chillin out...

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Hi girls, it's late but I made it. I didn't do much today. Spent some time on the phone trying to straighten out my unemployment. Ended up walking to the post office in the snow to send off a certified letter, they messed up my waiting week and don't want to pay me for it. It was so peaceful outside with no traffic. I also had to call my ENT's office and find out what is going on with my surgery scheduling. Just as I figured the insurnce company is still calling and asking for more info.
I did manage to get a load of clothes done and DH and I gathered up trash and got it out for tomorrow's pick up. I have a sinus headache at the moment so I need to hit the bed early. See you all tomorrow.

Cat

·
Registered
173 Posts
I also had a no spend day. We stayed home and got our homeschooling studies done. Then the girls had a friend come over so they could go sledding on the hill across the street from us. Now they are having a slumber party and I am trying to stay sane with all the extra girls in the apartment. Hoping for another no spend day tomorrow!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hello all. I'm new here.

Today I spent $'s for the first time this year. $15 for a haircut. I've written checks for various utility bills and an insurance premium but had not spent anything until today.

Dh & I both draw social security and this year our goal is to live on that amount and save 100% of my earnings. We've made a budget and if we stick to it and don't have any major appliance or vehicle or housing issues it should work. The idea is to save earnings to cover future issues when I actually retire.

I'm a long term frugal, tightwad, cheapskate but am always looking for new ideas and encouragement.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.