Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodmorning! I woke up with a spring in my step so decided to go with it & get bunches done early. House is cleaned, I'm dressed and here I sit, lol. It's a brisk 33º this morn & I'm hoping to see the sun, it makes it so much nicer to be outside in the fall. I try to be out as much as I can & will miss doing so in a few weeks. Something about the fresh air that just makes me feel great.

Went out yesterday and picked up a few things we needed and visited the in laws yesterday so I have nowhere I need to go for a while. After having to pay the school taxes, filling heating oil & propane tanks, we NEED to stay home and not spend.

Nice dinner tonight, Spaghetti & Meatballs, homemade bread & salad. It will be easy on the pocketbook as well, all made with things that were on sale once upon a time.

Hope you all have a terrific Tightwad Tuesday!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
It is going to be an eventful day for us.

*When DD gets home from school we have to head over to the FM talk radio station. She, along with two other seniors from her HS and our school board representative are going to be interviewed on air this afternoon on talk radio. The HS they attend has had a HUGE increase in violent fights over the past two weeks (food fights daily where injuries have resulted in broken noses and concussions from thrown apples, broken lunchroom windows, regular fights, stampedes in the hallways and staircases - one teacher photographed 17 different injuries students received after just one fight). So far no one has been help accountable for any of it. DD (she is Student Government President) told the principal teachers were at their breaking points and students were scared to come to school. She asked him what he planned to do to restore order and safety. His reply was "teachers and seniors need to step it up and do their part" because he "could not do it all". Well, DD and two friends decided to go to the media with a plea for help. The host of the 4-6 time slot radio show is all over their story and asked the girls to come on air and expose this mess. It is really a lot deeper than I have explained here, includes a paper trail of cover-ups by the admin, office referrals being shredded, and grant money. Big, huge mess and the kids are the ones suffering.

*DS has football practice, as usual, but wants to go to the radio station to support his sister. I told him I would pick him up early from practice and take him over there.

*After the radio interview, our two local TV stations and the newspaper are suppose to be there to interview the girls as well.

*Once we get the interviews and the on air show finished, the youth volleyball team DD coaches has a game. We will rush over there so she can be there to coach her girls on to victory.

*I am clueless about dinner tonight.

If you are the praying type, please say a prayer for these three girls as well as the 2000 plus students at their school.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Wow Darlene - use that spring in your step and spring your way over here!! :D My house could use you :lol:

I have to drop car off at dealers for warranty work - will take all day and theyve graciously offered to give me a rental for the day. I'm guessing its going to be a long day? :dis:

Dad has to stick to his clear fluids diet - apple juice, broths, jello in order to prep for his test and trust me...hes gonna 'cheat' and play the dumb card "I didn't know that" - yeah right. I've already told him if he cheats...he's gonna have to starve himself for another day and take the icky pre-test kit stuff ALL OVER AGAIN which is not pleasant. :lol: I hope that tactic works.

No cooking/baking for me today - I'll have to fight the urge and stick to cold sammies, soups that can be nuked or opt to step out to eat something hot and return home...may be hard with me having to monitor his fluid intake as well. :(

Hopefully being homebound will be a good thing and I'll get to 'purge' or declutter :ponder:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good Morning.

Well it's tooth pulling day at our house and everyone is a tad anxious. I'm sure it will go just fine, but DS8 is anxious about the pain and I'm anxious about him potentially freaking out in the dentist's office.

It will be a spend day as we are planning a trip to Costco for some of the things we only buy there. I also promised DS a reward for good behaviour at the dentist (yes I stoop to bribery) and knowing his posh tastes it will cost me some $$. I guess I'll take some cash from my fun money stash to pay for his reward- otherwise my weekly budget will be blwon to smitherines.

After all of that I plan to:
~enjoy my day off
~bake some bread and cookies
~do a little laundry (going on a sock hunt) and housework, etc.
I also intend to spend some of the afternoon with a book and a cup of tea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi y'all, I'm new!!! Found the site yesterday and hoping to learn a lot of great things on living frugally!!! I haven't had a chance to introduce myself but I'm sure there is a correct place to do so.

My goal today: get to the commissary and hopefully stick to my budget I'm currently making, and switch our tricare (military) back to the current region. (moved back home while my husband has been deployed.... buttttt we're back and waiting less than 20 days until his final return after a year wooo hooo)

Oh, clean, clean, clean................. I have a home to put together in the time frame before he gets home since I just moved with a 2 year old clear across the state of Texas a few weeks back. Not an easy task. Wish me luck!

~Sarah

·
Registered
629 Posts
Welcome, Frugalmomintraining!

I'm already way ahead of the game today in comparison to yesterday! I got a great night's sleep, hooray! :) And I think all of the kids did too, as they were asleep before 9:00! That rarely happens around here!

Today is a busy day. Work for me and school for the kids. After school, youngest dd has daisy scouts until 5:00. Then it's home for a quick supper and then back to the school for basketball for both daughters at 6:30.

So other than being personal manager and chauffeur, I won't get a lot done today! But that's okay, I have a lifetime to clean my messy house! lol

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome, Frugalmomintraining! I started contributing to this thread about a week or two ago and have found it really helpful in organizing my day by setting goals on what I would like to get done for the day...so I hope you find it helpful as well!

I did not sleep well at all last night. I stayed up late finishing the last Stieg Larsson book - The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest and then had a hard time falling asleep.

Anyway, I really need to get some work done today (working from home) hopefully 4-5 hours, mainly research. I already made my morning cappuccino and will be eating all meals at home today. I would like to get over to Water Tower Place today (a big mall on Michigan Avenue) as I received an email saying I get a $10 gift card because my birthday is in October :) Other than that, I volunteer from 5-8 on Tuesday's, so I will be doing that tonight and then having a late dinner with my boyfriend once I get home.

If I have the energy, I would like to work out as well.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, everybody!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Today is a lazy day. Trying to get rid of a cold. Will probably take a nap. Then do some straightening up. Already cooked rice to make a rice dish for tonight. Cleaned out litter box. Fed "pet squirrel".

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
You guys can't have Darlene :skept: ....I need her to clean my cupboard under the sink. I hate that area.

I am also cleaning the bedrooms (downstairs ones). And doing a load of laundry. Always. Yawn.

:coffee3:

It's sunny and windy, here in Michigan's beautiful Yoop. 46 degrees. We're leaving for Ohio at the end of the week. My younger DS is coming to visit us there. Yay!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It is cool and overcast here today.I organized the pantry, and then went out to the farm and waited for our fuel tanks to be delivered. Stopped in at the nursing home to deliver some nic nacs that I gathered up for bingo prizes. After supper I am going to the gym to swim. Hope you have a great evening!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.