Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!
:coffee3:

Today it's back to work for me, but more importantly, I cleaned my son's horrendous room yesterday! Woo-Hoo! And before I get a lecture about making him clean his own room, this was a seek and destroy mission. He won't throw anything away, so that meant he had buckets and buckets of old and broken toys. Even baby toys, and he's almost 9! lol So while he was at school, I threw away 2 bags of broken stuff, and then quickly bagged up 3 more bags to give to Goodwill. If I can just unload it today before he sees I'm in the clear!

I also started on our master closet. After throwing away one bag of trash, and then bagging up 2 garbage bags full of Goodwill clothes, I can proudly say it no longer looks like a hoarder's closet, it's just now cluttered. I have a ways to go, but I'm getting there! What a great feeling!

Tonight is basketball for both dds. So I'm not sure what I'll accomplish in that small amount of time before we have to leave. On my lunch hour today I need to go pick up a small basketball for my youngest dd. She is so small, and her little team of 1st graders have trouble with the big ball that the coach has. I also need to run to Costco to grab some single-serve packages of pre-sliced apples for youngest dds treat day this week. She is taking apple slices, peanut butter, and single servings of caramel dip. Yum!

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Good morning. I need to exercise as I haven't walked in about 5 days. I need to clean the family room, finish laundry, iron, make dinner, reconcile the bank account and finish the monthly shredding. Tonight I have a meeting.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good morning.

The weather here is atrocious today, it makes me want to crawl back into bed. We're expected to get snow- a lot of snow. It won't stay, but it will be annoying today. The wind is howling, so it feels extra cold. Brr.

I'm moderately motivated this morning. I got a load of laundry done and in the dryer, kids' lunches packed, etc. Now to get myself ready and out the door in an hour.

Tonight will be tidying and the main floor bathroom needs a lot of attention! Blech. We will probably also finish up Halloween costumes as the kids want to wear them to school Friday. I guess that means I'll be spending some money today. :shrug2:

Have a great day.

·
Registered
541 Posts
about 12 of us will be eating lunch "in" at work today. For $22.00
I picked up 2 chickens (on sale), some frozen butter beans, already had some "on sale" potatoes so I got some cheese, milk & butter to make some scalloped potatoes & got some rolls. So, we'll have baked chicken, scalloped potatoes, butter beans & rolls for $1.83 each & probably some leftovers (to combine with a couple of other days frozen leftovers) for tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Today's a cold day!

I finished the top part of my costume prop. Now I have to let it cool off.

After that's done, I'll glue the cups together and add crystals in the centre. Once that's completely, I then unscrew the top of the LED flashlight and glue that to the inside of the bottom of the cup. After all is said and done, my Halloween costume will be finished.

I'm hoping we hear about an offer today on the house. We had a showing on Sunday, but nothing has happened with that. I have some items to move downstairs that DH inherited from the closing of his warehouse, plus I need to start my crockpot hamburger stroganoff. I'm trying to avoid spending any money, so leftover chicken pot pie is on the menu for lunch.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have to attend a presentation from 11:30-1:30 today for work (but am not getting paid for it :down:) and then have to try and fit a couple of hours of work in between the presentation and my volunteer shift tonight from 5-8. I would like to complete one more application for a part-time job some time today as well (online).

That is about it! Have a great Tuesday everybody!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Today I will be doing a load of laundry, dishes, and clean out 2 boxes that ended up in my room when I had company in the spare bedroom. I then get to help my son tow his truck home - for some reason it won't work.

Have a good day!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Well, so far so good with only spending $14.00 for groceries this week. I have a pretty good stockpile in the closet and freezer. I will be going out to purchase some peanut butter. For some reason I am really jonesing for some.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It is sunny here, but chilly and very windy!I went to the gym early this morning, took some things to the cleaners,ran by the bank and dropped off some paperwork with our accountant. I am going to make cookie dough to freeze for Christmas this afternoon. Have a good day!

·
19,119 Posts
Good morning everyone!! Feel more energetic today so I have lots that I want to get done including -

laundry
unpack my suitcase
clean off LR coffee table
pool exercises
bake chicken for dinner
clear off DR table
clean off LR couch
work on ornaments for exchanges

Sounds like a busy and fun day to me!!
Hope your Tuesday is a great one!!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
*Few loads of laundry
*Couple of loads in the dishwasher
*Run by the bread store
*Call the bank - they put $292 in our account by mistake
*Pick DS from football
*Be lazy and take a nap with my two canine babies

·
Registered
328 Posts
Clean the kitchen. Sweep and Mop!!
Laundry. Fold and Put up!!
Clean bathrooms!!
Cook dinner.

We fixed the roof this morning where we had a leak. Just in time for it to start raining!! :)
Need to clean out closet and clothes and get rid of the crap that I am not wearing.

theres a zillion things I need to do but I am going to keep it simple today!!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Good afternoon! Got a late start today but got the dishes done, living room vaccumed, etc.

For the rest of today:
~ laundry--2 loads
~ fold and put away clean laundry
~ separate DS's 12 and 18-mo. clothes from the clothes that actually fit him--box the too-small ones up to store at my mom's house.
~ clip and organize coupons
~ hit the store for the weekly specials--they've got tuna for
$.50 a can.
~ make the beds
~ clean the bathroom
~ grade the final stack of papers on my desk

WHEW! Have a great Tuesday!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.