Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby turns 7 today! Where has the time gone? It's going to be another busy day made even more busy with trying to squeeze in extra stuff to make my little one feel special!

So far, I've got a fire going and brought in a load of wood. I have a batch of blueberry muffins in the oven as I type, and I am going to pay 2 bills onlines in a minute.

For my lunch break I am running over to Taco john's to get dd some nachos for her lunch, and then taking them to school to eat with her. The kids love it, and it's fun to interact with all those little people!

Then it's back to work. Tonight it's activities galore! Youngest dd has girl scouts after school, and oldest dd has play practice. I will pick them up at 5 and hurry home to have supper and cake and possibly open her presents! Then it's back to the school for basketball practice. Whew, did I mention I slept very little last night for some reason? More coffee please!!:coffee3:

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It is so very cold this morning!I am enjoying a hot cup of coffee, it hits the spot.I am going to the gym, then meeting up with the dietary manager at the hospital. Every year the physicians and their wives put on a dinner for the hospital employees. They cook ham, turkey or prime rib, plus all the wives help with sides and desserts. They also wait tables and help with cleanup. It is a big hit every year!Going to find out what I will be doing. I also need to head to the store to pick up my"special ingredients".Ha! Ha! Have a wonderful day everyone!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
My baby turns 7 today!
Hope your baby has a very happy birthday!!

I do not have hardly anything on tap for today. We have been having tornadoes since early morning and looks like it will continue through the morning. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE tornado weather. I'll most likely be on the back porch watching the weather for the most part of the morning. After the storms pass, nappy time for me.

·
27,948 Posts
Another sleepless night,ugh. The other night my toe was freaking out (nerve spasms? glad they seem to be gone)then last night I woke up and couldn't get comfortable/turn the brain off so tossed & turned and finally got up to read and tried to catch a few z's up in Nicole's old bed with the cat. Didn't want to keep dh awake.;) I'll try again tonight.

Supposed to rain buckets later today so we need to get some more wood in here, don't need much since hubby got bunches yesterday but topping it off with dry seems like a plan.

Another stay at home day and here it is, last day of November and we haven't used a drop of oil to heat with. Hubby was tempted this morn because it was the coldest yet inside but knew the 1st was tomorrow and we are trying to see how long we can hold out, lol. What a fun game. Reminds me, still no dryer use! Woohoo! Right now a set of bed sheets are draped on the racks upstairs & drying. :mdance:

Easy dinner with inexpensive on hand ingredients. I'll be reading and doing this 12 Days of Christmas puzzle too. It's a hard one especially because pieces are way too similar in shape and fit well where they shouldn't.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Aww Darlene - I know how you feel about the 'happy toe' DF has a 'happy foot' and boy does it still wake us both up in the middle of the night when he gets too happy and bends it with his soft cast on. I think we wake up my dad sometimes too :lol: Its life...it will heal and the twitching is a good sign (I think?) that your nerves are 'healing' :) Is your toe/foot swollen still?

Yesterday we were both too tired to do anything, especially after road tripping it back to DF's place to pick up some things and check on it over the weekend. We literally sat in stretchy pants all day then went to bed :lol:

The list of hopefuls for today:
* take DF to the bank
* return clothes I tried to buy for him to help make him feel comfy while he's stuck here (bought 'track pants' but he needs a 'tall' so they're capri's :laugh:)
* grocery store stop if possible
* pick up lunch for us while we're out
* and lastly, get the Christmas Cards out to start them for the village swap

·
27,948 Posts
Hope your df feels better & heals soon. Glad you got to go get him some of his things, I was laughing about the Capris.;)
He and your dad get along well?
I'm hoping that the spasms were a good sign even though I hated them at the time. I figured the foot was telling me hey I'm alive , nudge ouch, nudge, ouch. It went on for at least 3 hours every other min it seemed. Zap. They swelling is much better and it's still a little discolored. I should be getting stitches out probably Friday. Thanks for asking, you always are so thoughtful to me. :smooch:

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Afternoon ladies. I got up at 6 to meet DH at his work. Last night the Yukon started making some screeching noise and lost power steering. So we took in for service. The Chevy dealership opened at 8 so we went for breakfast at McD's. The dealership didn't have a pump in stock so DH went back to work and got one from there at his cost( about 2/3 cheaper and he still has a credit to use up):dancing: They called a few minutes ago and said it was all done. I'll get DH up at 4 to go get it. I have to stop and mail off Yukon payment. Dinner will be easy... hamburgers and oven fries. I want to get some reading in sometime tonight but after dishes are done. It's rainy but still in the 50's here so I can't complain-too much. Have a great evening everyone.

Cat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts