Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning!

These temps are so bizarre! While the midwest is getting pounded with extreme temperatures and snow, we are having a mild winter. Yesterday was 44 degrees with a little rain, and this morning it's 39 degrees. Where's my blizzard?!? You expect those when you move to the mountains...

Well, I took the kids to the dentist yesterday after a long hiatus of NOT going to the dentist because I refused to take them to the one pediatric dentist that was in our network. So I told dh that I was just going to go to one out of network, and he threw a fit but understood. I was sweating the entire visit thinking they would each have 5 cavities. Nope. One had no cavities, one had 2 cavities, and one had 3. The bad news? 2 out of the 3 need braces. :( One immediately, and then the next child when his adult teeth are all in, or approximately 2 years. Boo. Oh well, it's just money! ha ha

Onward to today. Work for me and school for the kids. I need to purchase a few more gifts today on my lunch break, so we'll see how far I get. After school and work we have some time at home until 6:30 when the girls have bball practice. We are on the last week of practice for this particular league, and I'm ready for the break! Hooray!

I guess it's time to re-work that budget tonight, too. It will be interesting to see what type of payment plans orthodontists have...

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I peeked out the window this morning and it looked like the bottom of a powdered donut box -- I can handle that :lol: It was gone within the hour.

After the morning routine, I stopped at Kmart. Yes, I spent. I had to buy 2 gifts for a school thing. 2 tins of Dominos on sale for $3.77. Not too bad. I also picked up a personal blender/to-go cup for Old Man (He can wait until Yule for it). He uses my blender every morning and I am tired of it being in my way when I finally wobble out of the bedroom in route to the coffee pot :p

Just popped a turkey in to the oven. I normally don't buy turkeys. A neighbor gave us this one. She hates turkey but needed to make room for the Christmas turkey (eh, I am not going to ask... I got a few free dinners out of it)

I'll knit a bit more before the FMS decides I need a break... the afternoon routine and some Diva snuggle time.

Have a good one!

·
27,948 Posts
Big hugs Vanessa. Finding a new dentist and then waiting for the word on how bad things are isn't easy but it's gotta be done. Hope you can budget with a flexible spending account for those dental bills.

Enjoy the free turkey Lady_V

Well no mouse yet, if it's still alive in this house I will get him.

Still no Strudels, but I shall continue to click daily & those elusive strudels shall be mine also lol.

Sold inlaws snow blower on craigslist and the guy is going to pick it up today. Woot! Dad is paying a really nice commission for selling it & the money unfortunately will be going to help pay county taxes in Jan. Wish I could save it for something fun.

Warning: Toe talk ahead :p
Going to the foot doc tomorrow to get an x ray to see how things look, I'm hoping it'll be the last time I see him. Finally have no bandage & don't need the waterproof boot on to take a shower, that's a new development as of yesterday which is one month since I had the surgery. Who knew it would take so long, not me.

I did a bit of cleaning yesterday so just need to pick up today & maybe do some laundry. I'm enjoying the Agatha Raisin books by M.C. Beaton. Aggie is quite the character, we'd be friends I think. :D

“Laughter is the spark of the soul”

Let the sparks fly today my friends! :dust:

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I had to drive the kids to school because the bus driver forgot them. We didnt have time to get the car very warm in the time allowed and it was -22 not counting the wind chill. BRRRR

You can have our winter! honest I'll trade!

Sorry about all the dental news. Do you have a while until you must do braces? We knew quite in advance for ds and saved every week. If you can get it saved many give a discount for paying up front.

I've got to ship some presents today and finish shopping. I'd rather veg in the house than go out in the cold but it must get done! I have one package too big for any box I have so I'll have to pay for them to pack it. I thought they were coming for Christmas hence not worrying about the size.

·
19,119 Posts
Good Morning!! Busy Tuesday on my little island.

Still have 4 leis to make and then to finish all 16 off with kukui nuts!!

Then need to make devilled eggs and ham and green bean salad for tomorrow's luncheon - I'll make the rice at school.

Cleaning up the LR continues - you would not believe the amount of stuff we have in here!!

We have school evaucation drill today - just a little twist to our day. then the preschoolers are donning Santa hats or reindeer antlers and delivering ornaments to all staff at the school. Think everyone will be ready for naptime today.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Hello ladies. Glad to see you all here on this blustery day. It's a whopping 13 without the windchill. Vanessa enjoy your heatwave. Lady V wtg with the free turkey, those always taste the best. Darlene, I just knew you'd love Agatha, she's quite a character. I think we all know someone just like her.
Let's see so far I have exercised, put dishes away, washed breakfast dishes, washed and dried a load of clothes(need to fold thses), sorted and bagged some more clothes for donation,finished reading a book, got hubby all snuggly and sound for beddybye.:rest: They're so cute when they are asleep. I need to get dressed at some point today and walk out to the mailbox, brrrrrr. Maybe. I have hamburger thawing for dinner. Wow the sun just popped out so I need to open the curtains. Yay. That should do it for now. Have a great day everyone.

Cat

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'm here too stuck at home with no vehicle so cleaning house today it's about 24 out now & that's the high for today! Brrr!
I went out & walked to the mailbox and hurried back inside!!! The temps are 10 degrees below normal here all week! Eekk!
Need to mop the bathroom floors today. I got the garbage out for the garbage man tomorrow. Cleaned out the litterbox too.
Have a great day all!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
straightened and vacumed porch, did some more laundry, put away a load of laundry from yesterday, made lunch for dd and her playdate. got waxed and went to the grocery for only about $20 worth of things i needed, but, since i had dd in tow, i ended up spending about $68!!! hate that....got to go put together dinner now. tilapia, whole wheat couscous and some roasted veggies

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Took dad to the dr's, shoveled the freakish snow storm we had suddenly and dinners already to go! :)

I have no idea whats left to do today - prob try to purge some more before tomorrow night when the Sally Ann truck arrives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts